The Student Room Group

KAPLAN UKCAT Course - Worth it?

Scroll to see replies

I went for the course but it wasn't worth the money. I've selling the book if anyone wants them, please PM me.
Reply 81
As far as I am concerned, the kaplan course it a complete waste of money. Over two days, you do a lot of practice- which you can also do for free in your own time at home. They give you some tips, and teach you the "kaplan method" which is nothing special. They emphasise triaging difficult questions a lot- don't need to pay 315 pounds to find that out. I thought that the resources that you get as part of the course (6 full practice tests and a load of questions for each individual section) would make it worth the money, but I was wrong as the actual test for me was a lot more difficult than any of the kaplan practice tests (especially verbal reasoning). I wouldn't waste your money. Get a medify account and use the free online resources.
Original post by dpha
As far as I am concerned, the kaplan course it a complete waste of money. Over two days, you do a lot of practice- which you can also do for free in your own time at home. They give you some tips, and teach you the "kaplan method" which is nothing special. They emphasise triaging difficult questions a lot- don't need to pay 315 pounds to find that out. I thought that the resources that you get as part of the course (6 full practice tests and a load of questions for each individual section) would make it worth the money, but I was wrong as the actual test for me was a lot more difficult than any of the kaplan practice tests (especially verbal reasoning). I wouldn't waste your money. Get a medify account and use the free online resources.

Was the QR and the AR also more difficult than the Kaplan resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by Tanishqa
Was the QR and the AR also more difficult than the Kaplan resources?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Qr wasn't more difficult- just the other sections.
Original post by dpha
Qr wasn't more difficult- just the other sections.

Was the AR more similar to medify or Kaplan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Didn't do medify because i figured I'd already spent so much money on the stupid kaplan course. My mistake. So I don't know- but it was worse than kaplan for sure.
Original post by dpha
Didn't do medify because i figured I'd already spent so much money on the stupid kaplan course. My mistake. So I don't know- but it was worse than kaplan for sure.

I'm sorry to bug you with so many questions, but was it like the official mocks by any chance? Because medify's quite similar to the official mocks in terms of AR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending