The Student Room Group

Kaplan pathways

Kaplan hs International foundation program for short term -6 months. say March 2023-August 2023. Is it worth taking the 6 month Foundation certificate compared to one year International Foundation?
You'd have more options and choices available if you took A levels
Thanks for tbecreply.I did not want to do the A levels.Instead opted for foundation course
Have you spoken to the universities that you would like to take your degree with about what qualifications they would accept.

Depending on your existing qualifications the 6 month kaplan course might not be accepted. And for many universities the full year kaplan course also won't be accepted.
Original post by Santhi Narayan
Thanks for tbecreply.I did not want to do the A levels.Instead opted for foundation course

I would think that you can find a FAQ comparing the accelerated program vs the 1 year program. Email them to find out, to make sure you won't be wasting time and money if the accelerated program does not lead you directly to an undergraduate course.

You are most likely aware that Kaplan has university partners. If the university that you want to go to, is a partner, then the Kaplan pathway may be for you. But you still need to meet the minimum passing marks for the subjects that you will take in Foundation year.

Check also if the Foundation course guarantees you direct admission and the university will make its offer to you, without going through UCAS.
Many thanks for the inputs
You have already asked this question and had responses.
Reply 7
Kaplan hs International foundation program for short term -6 months. say March 2023-August 2023. Is it worth taking the 6 month Foundation certificate compared to one year International Foundation?

Hey Santhi, I'm also deciding on doing an accelerated foundation program this March to August. However I've had bad experiences applying and wanting to do international year one with QAHE (organization that offers pathways just like Kaplan, Study Group, INTO etc).

After having an unfortunate experience I have come to the knowledge that for such programs you should go with organizations like Study Group and INTO, organizations which have a good solid reputation. You never know whether your program shall commence or not (depending on how many applicants for the course) its best to associate with better organizations because they're prompt with their courses.

Hey I’m going for the same course but for business management progression to university of Westminster requirements is about 50% and 40% at their extended project could you guide me please about how your experience was and how tough the course was and did you progress ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending