The Student Room Group

Medicine Resits

HI Im planning to apply for medicine to universities like UCL, Barts and the London, Cambridge and Exeter. However for my AS level, I didn't do that well got AAAB-AABB do these universities mind if i resit exams???

HELPPPP
You either got one or the other (lol), not too sure if they mind or not at those particular uni's but you're better off just concentrating on A2 rather than increasing your workload (unless there's certain exams that would considerably improve your mark).
Original post by serztonin
HI Im planning to apply for medicine to universities like UCL, Barts and the London, Cambridge and Exeter. However for my AS level, I didn't do that well got AAAB-AABB do these universities mind if i resit exams???

HELPPPP

I know for sure that Cambridge won't like that all. You'd be better off with another choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

HELPPPP

I got ABBB at AS and a "meh" UKCAT score last year and I still got an offer from Barts, you'll be fine there lol. Cambridge, on the other hand, are pretty insistent on 90%+ UMS on your top three AS Levels so you'll have to work like crazy these next couple of weeks for the BMAT. Good luck!

Edit: Just realised, you're not applying this year are you? If you resit the AS exams in your A2 year and get the grades you'll be fine, so long as you don't exceed the two year time period or you won't be considered without extenuating circumstances. So in short, go for the resits.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by yasaminO_o
I got ABBB at AS and a "meh" UKCAT score last year and I still got an offer from Barts, you'll be fine there lol. Cambridge, on the other hand, are pretty insistent on 90%+ UMS on your top three AS Levels so you'll have to work like crazy these next couple of weeks for the BMAT. Good luck!

Edit: Just realised, you're not applying this year are you? If you resit the AS exams in your A2 year and get the grades you'll be fine, so long as you don't exceed the two year time period or you won't be considered without extenuating circumstances. So in short, go for the resits.

Thanks i was just a bit paranoid about this whole thing ugh. but the thing is I'm an international student so idk
Thanks i was just a bit paranoid about this whole thing ugh. but the thing is I'm an international student so idk

No problem, good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending