The Student Room Group

Biomedical Engineering 2016 Entry

Hi everyone!

I'm haven't seen a thread for biomedical engineering applications yet so I am starting one.

I have applied to study biomedical engineering at Imperial College, Cambridge, Sheffield, Nottingham (mechanical specializing in biomedical third year), Southampton (mechanical specializing in biomedical third year). As you might have gathered, I'm most interested in the mechanical side of the subject.

Who else has applied/is thinking of applying/will apply to study biomedical engineering at university? Which universities? Have you received any offers?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by bioeng98
Hi everyone!

I'm haven't seen a thread for biomedical engineering applications yet so I am starting one.

I have applied to study biomedical engineering at Imperial College, Cambridge, Sheffield, Nottingham (mechanical specializing in biomedical third year), Southampton (mechanical specializing in biomedical third year). As you might have gathered, I'm most interested in the mechanical side of the subject.

Who else has applied/is thinking of applying/will apply to study biomedical engineering at university? Which universities? Have you received any offers?

I was about to write the thread about BME, I haven't applied yet actually, but I've already had my first choice which is University of Glasgow, I just visited its openday and I love it, for other choice I've chosen UCL, surrey, stratchclyde and probably cardiff. I will apply asap my school open and so excited.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Hi! Was looking around to see whether there would be a Biomedical Engineering thread. ;D

Well, I've applied to Kent, Sheffield, Aston, City and Hull, and currently have received 2 offers from City and Hull - but I'm kinda waiting for Kent and Sheffield to hopefully respond soon. ;/
Reply 3
Original post by jescuh
Hi! Was looking around to see whether there would be a Biomedical Engineering thread. ;D

Well, I've applied to Kent, Sheffield, Aston, City and Hull, and currently have received 2 offers from City and Hull - but I'm kinda waiting for Kent and Sheffield to hopefully respond soon. ;/

Well done for getting offers, that's really good. :smile: If you haven't got any rejections either, that likely means that the universities have not looked at your application yet. That's the basis I'm working off, anyway! Which one's your first choice?
Reply 4
Original post by Neab
I was about to write the thread about BME, I haven't applied yet actually, but I've already had my first choice which is University of Glasgow, I just visited its openday and I love it, for other choice I've chosen UCL, surrey, stratchclyde and probably cardiff. I will apply asap my school open and so excited.

I know, it is exciting applying. Gets a bit stressful when the deadlines come up, but I'm really looking forward to studying at university. With open days, I think you generally have an idea which universities you would most like to go to - I've already decided what my firm/insurance choices would be providing I get the offers.

Have you been to open days for all five of your choices? I haven't looked at Glasgow, but sounds good. Is the course there accredited by any of the engineering institutions?
Reply 5
I know, it is exciting applying. Gets a bit stressful when the deadlines come up, but I'm really looking forward to studying at university. With open days, I think you generally have an idea which universities you would most like to go to - I've already decided what my firm/insurance choices would be providing I get the offers.

Have you been to open days for all five of your choices? I haven't looked at Glasgow, but sounds good. Is the course there accredited by any of the engineering institutions?

I've been to UCL and Imperial as well but I dont like the atmosphere , the rest of them I will go later. At Uni of glasgow at the moment there is no accreditation but after the talk at the department they said they will get it around this year but I cant remember which organisation will they accredited by. I visited the Uni and its city , I like it a lot compared to other Uni or cities.
Reply 6
Okay, let's get this thread going again. :smile:

I've started getting offers through now. Southampton: A*A (maths and physics) A (further maths). Sheffield: AAA. Nottingham: AAA, unconditional if firm choice. I am still waiting on Imperial College and Cambridge.

How is everybody else doing? Have you received any offers? If so, from where?
Reply 7
Hello, what is the difference between biomedical and biochemical engineering?
Hi Guys, Does anyone have some news about Medical Engineering at Bradford University?

Give me some feedbacks about this course, please.
Okay, let's get this thread going again. :smile:

I've started getting offers through now. Southampton: A*A (maths and physics) A (further maths). Sheffield: AAA. Nottingham: AAA, unconditional if firm choice. I am still waiting on Imperial College and Cambridge.

How is everybody else doing? Have you received any offers? If so, from where?

Hii! I've applied to UCL, KCL, Cardiff, Glasgow and Surrey. Got offers from Kings, Glasgow and Surrey (AAB) and an interview from cardiff! I love sheffield but live here so didn't want to apply, so if you go there (obviously I'm biased haha!) but I'm sure you'll love it :smile:
Some feedbacks about Medical Engineering at Bradford University?
Reply 11
Original post by eeyore_17
Hii! I've applied to UCL, KCL, Cardiff, Glasgow and Surrey. Got offers from Kings, Glasgow and Surrey (AAB) and an interview from cardiff! I love sheffield but live here so didn't want to apply, so if you go there (obviously I'm biased haha!) but I'm sure you'll love it :smile:

I really liked it at Sheffield when I went there for the open day. The university is really nice, and there's going to be a new building where I think they will do the bioengineering lectures.
And Sheffield has trams. I know that's a minor point, but I like it when places invest in public transport and there aren't many places which have trams in England (I'm not an international applicant, but I've been to Europe quite a bit)! :biggrin:

I've been to the UCL open day as well. It's really nice, but I didn't apply in the end because it isn't accredited by any engineering institutions. It's brilliant if you are interested in the medical physics side though, as the biomedical engineering and medical physics course have modules in common if I remember correctly. Good luck in your interview. :smile:
I really liked it at Sheffield when I went there for the open day. The university is really nice, and there's going to be a new building where I think they will do the bioengineering lectures.
And Sheffield has trams. I know that's a minor point, but I like it when places invest in public transport and there aren't many places which have trams in England (I'm not an international applicant, but I've been to Europe quite a bit)! :biggrin:

I've been to the UCL open day as well. It's really nice, but I didn't apply in the end because it isn't accredited by any engineering institutions. It's brilliant if you are interested in the medical physics side though, as the biomedical engineering and medical physics course have modules in common if I remember correctly. Good luck in your interview. :smile:

They will be accredited by 3 institutions when their first set of students graduate
Original post by Giulio.palma
Some feedbacks about Medical Engineering at Bradford University?

sorry i dont know anything about it :frown:
Are there any huge differencies between a Beng in Medical Engineering and a Beng in Biomedical Engineering?

I would appreciate you considering my request guys

Giulio
Reply 15
Original post by renren99
They will be accredited by 3 institutions when their first set of students graduate

I asked them at the open day whether that would happen in time for the course to be accredited for 2016 entry. They said that it was unlikely, due to the course being so new and the year that the first set of students graduate in.
Hi!

I've applied at KCL, QMUL, Sheffield, Cardiff and Glasgow. I've got offers for 4 and an interview at Cardiff :smile:
Original post by Giulio.palma
Are there any huge differencies between a Beng in Medical Engineering and a Beng in Biomedical Engineering?

I would appreciate you considering my request guys

Giulio

No they are the same degree, just called different things at different universities
Has anyone got a interview from imperial yet ??
Original post by Biomedstudent1
Has anyone got a interview from imperial yet ??

I recently received an invitation to interview at imperial for bioengineering. I'm pleasantly surprised yet don't know what to expect. Looking through previous threads there is not much information on what to prepare for. If there is any information on what to expect it would be much obliged

Quick Reply

Latest