The Student Room Group

GCSE - Science

Hello,

What exam board should i use for my GCSE Science resit?

thanks
Reply 1
Original post by medavidcook
Hello,

What exam board should i use for my GCSE Science resit?

thanks

AQA
Original post by jamestg
AQA

Cheers James, will try and find some text books, can only seem to find a level.
Reply 3
Cheers James, will try and find some text books, can only seem to find a level.

If you're doing the old spec - these books are great!
Reply 4
AQA. Look at the spec (core, double and triple(?)) and also on the AQA website. They have recommended textbooks you can use.
I found this I don't know how helpful it would be but here. http://store.aqa.org.uk/support/pdf/AQA-GCSE-SCIENCE-CONTENT-BOOK.PDF
I found a few on the CGP website. Don't know whether to do them separate or as a double.
Reply 6
I found a few on the CGP website. Don't know whether to do them separate or as a double.

Unless you're doing A-level science after, I would stick with double.
I am considering doing my a-level science after and also maybe maths as well
Reply 8
I am considering doing my a-level science after and also maybe maths as well

I would do triple science then!
Original post by jamestg
I would do triple science then!

I am taking it triple is harder and am i right in saying there is an exam for each subject?

also would i need books for each subject or the book linked above would be fine.

Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
I am taking it triple is harder and am i right in saying there is an exam for each subject?

also would i need books for each subject or the book linked above would be fine.

Thanks

You do the same exams as you would for double, however you do an extra ISA and an three exams. Each extra exam is an extension of each science.

If you do do triple, it's best you get the seperate science books (the ones for each individual science)
Original post by jamestg
You do the same exams as you would for double, however you do an extra ISA and an three exams. Each extra exam is an extension of each science.

If you do do triple, it's best you get the seperate science books (the ones for each individual science)

awesome thanks for that will consider the separate books then.
Original post by aamirac
AQA. Look at the spec (core, double and triple(?)) and also on the AQA website. They have recommended textbooks you can use.
I found this I don't know how helpful it would be but here. http://store.aqa.org.uk/support/pdf/AQA-GCSE-SCIENCE-CONTENT-BOOK.PDF

That's quite useful thanks :smile:
awesome thanks for that will consider the separate books then.

No problem! Good luck with your studies!
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
That's quite useful thanks :smile:

Your welcome. I'm glad I could help :h:

Quick Reply

Latest