The Student Room Group

help me

do you need gcse science for mental health nursing degree?
It depends on the specific university or college you are applying to. Some universities may require that you have a certain level of science education, such as GCSE Science, as a prerequisite for their Mental Health Nursing program. However, other universities may not have this requirement.

It's recommended to check the entrance requirements for the Mental Health Nursing program at the specific universities you are considering. Some universities may require that you have a certain level of science education, such as GCSE Science. In some cases, even if GCSE Science is not a requirement, some universities may require you to have completed a certain number of science credits or to have completed a science-related course as part of your undergraduate degree.

It's important to note that even if GCSE Science is not a requirement for the program, having a strong foundation in science can be beneficial as mental health nursing programs typically include coursework in anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology, which are all sciences related.

It is also worth noting that some universities may have different entrance requirements for the different level of mental health nursing. For example, some universities may require GCSE science for the undergraduate degree, but not for the postgraduate degree, or vice versa.

In any case, it's important to check the specific entrance requirements of the university you are applying to, as well as any additional prerequisites that may be required in order to be eligible to apply for the mental health nursing degree.
Original post by Oliver968
It depends on the specific university or college you are applying to. Some universities may require that you have a certain level of science education, such as GCSE Science, as a prerequisite for their Mental Health Nursing program. However, other universities may not have this requirement.

It's recommended to check the entrance requirements for the Mental Health Nursing program at the specific universities you are considering. Some universities may require that you have a certain level of science education, such as GCSE Science. In some cases, even if GCSE Science is not a requirement, some universities may require you to have completed a certain number of science credits or to have completed a science-related course as part of your undergraduate degree.

It's important to note that even if GCSE Science is not a requirement for the program, having a strong foundation in science can be beneficial as mental health nursing programs typically include coursework in anatomy, physiology, and pharmacology, which are all sciences related.

It is also worth noting that some universities may have different entrance requirements for the different level of mental health nursing. For example, some universities may require GCSE science for the undergraduate degree, but not for the postgraduate degree, or vice versa.

In any case, it's important to check the specific entrance requirements of the university you are applying to, as well as any additional prerequisites that may be required in order to be eligible to apply for the mental health nursing degree.

some unis i wanna go to don't require science but i don't have time to re take it really unless i just go into foundation nursing associate and re take it then and get into mental health nursing or just apply to ones that don't require science and hope that i get accepted.
or if not, do you know any NHS sort of careers that don't require gcse science?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
do you need gcse science for mental health nursing degree?

it depends, you would potentially need a pass but if you went to college you’d be able to retake it and do a level 3 in mh nursing.
An alternative is applying to uni with a foundation year as it may not be required- my friend applied to computer science from a media qualification and got in with a foundation year

Quick Reply

Latest