The Student Room Group

half term revision

I have done some revision but not as much as I would have liked because of problems and busy I feel guilty any comments ?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by safee5
I have done some revision but not as much as I would have liked because of problems and busy I feel guilty any comments ?

have some chill it is half term, just do your homework no need to revise.
Reply 2
Original post by will_jg
have some chill it is half term, just do your homework no need to revise.

aahhh lol that made me feel better cuz I thought I ws the only one watching movies every night ....
You're already doing better than a lot of people in your class probably are tbh :smile:
Hats off to you for wanting to stay on top though. At this stage in the year (not sure what you're studying towards but generally) you won't have too much to get through hopefully - if having another look over your notes just to check you understand everything puts your mind more at rest, every little helps. And you have done some revision, which is definitely better than nothing.
Nothing wrong with being busy, you can't help your circumstances. And you're only 2 months in - you've still got the rest of the year yet to work on it. If you're really worried and have the time to spare just schedule in an extra hour or two at the weekends to make up for lost time. Remember to give yourself a break though, I can't emphasise this enough.

Don't sweat it, you're doing great :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by safee5
aahhh lol that made me feel better cuz I thought I ws the only one watching movies every night ....

omgg i was just reflecting on how crappily i've thrown my half-term but hey i'm not alone! :biggrin:

i feel like by now i should have covered all of the A2 content haha and i've got mocks in November that i need As in -_- ughhhhhhhhhhh

just the vast amount of homework i have has made me not want to touch anything and just sleep

but i have to do it because my teachers will literally bring the death penalty back if i don't

:cry:i don't want tooooooooo
Reply 5
Original post by lightwoXd
You're already doing better than a lot of people in your class probably are tbh :smile:
Hats off to you for wanting to stay on top though. At this stage in the year (not sure what you're studying towards but generally) you won't have too much to get through hopefully - if having another look over your notes just to check you understand everything puts your mind more at rest, every little helps. And you have done some revision, which is definitely better than nothing.
Nothing wrong with being busy, you can't help your circumstances. And you're only 2 months in - you've still got the rest of the year yet to work on it. If you're really worried and have the time to spare just schedule in an extra hour or two at the weekends to make up for lost time. Remember to give yourself a break though, I can't emphasise this enough.

Don't sweat it, you're doing great :smile:

thanks buddy u gave me such helpful tips and I am studying the bio,chem and physics at A2.
Reply 6
Original post by z33
omgg i was just reflecting on how crappily i've thrown my half-term but hey i'm not alone! :biggrin:

i feel like by now i should have covered all of the A2 content haha and i've got mocks in November that i need As in -_- ughhhhhhhhhhh

just the vast amount of homework i have has made me not want to touch anything and just sleep

but i have to do it because my teachers will literally bring the death penalty back if i don't

:cry:i don't want tooooooooo

lool I know how you feel but the way to motivate ur self is u only get to do this once in ur life .. so make the most of it.
Original post by safee5

I find that the only way to shake off the guilt is to revise. Forget about the days you have missed and start now because it can only get better if you do. Also, you'll feel good after doing some which will hopefully motivate you to carry on.
Reply 8
Original post by safee5
lool I know how you feel but the way to motivate ur self is u only get to do this once in ur life .. so make the most of it.

true that... sighhhh i think i'll pull all nighters tonight and tomorrow to do my homework - i made a study timetable and i SHALL stick to it (lol how many times have i said that but NO this time i'm SERIOUS)

hopefully it goes well :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by z33
true that... sighhhh i think i'll pull all nighters tonight and tomorrow to do my homework - i made a study timetable and i SHALL stick to it (lol how many times have i said that but NO this time i'm SERIOUS)

hopefully it goes well :biggrin:

I dunoo last yr I use to be able to pull the whole night easily but I have tried it this yr it hasn't worked when it get to like 2 my body says " ohhh cnt handle anymore bed plz" and wah subjects u studying ?
Reply 10
Original post by safee5
I dunoo last yr I use to be able to pull the whole night easily but I have tried it this yr it hasn't worked when it get to like 2 my body says " ohhh cnt handle anymore bed plz" and wah subjects u studying ?

haha Redbull is the secret trust me!

chem, bio, computing you?
Reply 11
Original post by z33
haha Redbull is the secret trust me!

chem, bio, computing you?

chem ,bio, physics
Reply 12
Original post by safee5
chem ,bio, physics

ooooh you're very brave - i was gonna do that but dropped physics (got a C in it but i can't handle that without maths NO MORE THANK YOU haha)
Reply 13
Original post by z33
ooooh you're very brave - i was gonna do that but dropped physics (got a C in it but i can't handle that without maths NO MORE THANK YOU haha)

what course hv u applied for or applying for ?
ru doing ocr exam board for the subjects similar to me ?
hv u started looking at past paper questions ?
Reply 14
Original post by safee5
what course hv u applied for or applying for ?
ru doing ocr exam board for the subjects similar to me ?
hv u started looking at past paper questions ?

not applying this year - wanted to apply to pharmacy but predicted BBB so can't apply to where i want to go! what about you?

yupp OCR bio, OCR B chem, OCR computing

nope not yet - unless you count the exam questions packs we get for homework then yes
Lol I tried to do work I really did. But I got sick again. I mean I was sick before and I recovered then relapsed on Sunday and then almost recovered again before by older bro came home from uni one random day with a 'present' and made me sick AGAIN! So yeah, I got NOTHING done TT.TT what a waste!
Yeah my work has really lacked this half term, should've got way more done...

I've spent too much time out, in bed, on TSR or simply procrastinating :frown: - but I guess I need a rest otherwise I'll die during next term and my work when it really matters won't be up to scratch, and come mocks I probably wouldn't revise AT ALL.
Sharp Efficient Revision > Long-winded Revision...
Original post by safee5
thanks buddy u gave me such helpful tips and I am studying the bio,chem and physics at A2.

Aww no worries, I did bio and chem as well (dropped physics because it was a pain in my ass at AS) with history :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by z33
not applying this year - wanted to apply to pharmacy but predicted BBB so can't apply to where i want to go! what about you?

yupp OCR bio, OCR B chem, OCR computing

nope not yet - unless you count the exam questions packs we get for homework then yes

lool ur school actually makes effort .... I wanted to apply for pharmacy I am predicted AAB but I didn't cuz when I went to work experience during the summer holidays it was sh*t and boaring so then I thought I am gonna do radiography. cuz I like fancy machine and it involves all three sciences ....

Quick Reply

Latest