The Student Room Group

GCSE study timetables

how do you guys make timetables for GSCEs? time management tips if anyone has anything that works?
Reply 1
for my GCSEs I found it worked well to block out my evening in blocks. id typically do 3x30 mins, then more on the weekends and when it got close to exams. I did the timetable like a half term at a time, so my process was:
- write out each subject
-fill in boxes for each day and tally subjects as I went (so none got left out)
- continue until the entire grid is full
- check nothing important had been missed (once i managed to forget spanish in the whole thing 😂)

for me it worked well to not plan the actual activity i would be doing, but just the subject then i could change what i did based on homework, revision etc. especially coming up to exam season i found this method really helpful, as it meant i was confident that each subject would have had plenty of time, and meant i couldn’t get away with avoiding ones i liked less. i also colour coded it all, and crossed them off as i went (that happy hormone is amazing when you’re panicking). although i did allocate roughly half an hour for each subject, i had flexibility to do certain subjects for longer, or skip one and do it the next day if I had homework etc.
ofc this won’t suit everyone, but worked well for me. also ensure you’re taking time to yourself, exams are more dependant on your mindset than anything else, ergo being burnt out and exhausted but super revised is no where near as helpful as being relaxed and happy to do the exam, regardless of how much revision you do.

Quick Reply

Latest