The Student Room Group

Manchester application clarification

I have applied to Manchester but instantly regretted it when I realised how sub-par my UKCAT result was in comparison to other applicants.

However I came across this http://www.mms.manchester.ac.uk/study/application/ (under How do we deal with your application?) a document that describes their application process.

The document describes the process of elimination the admissions staff undertake and I noticed the non-academic activities form followed the UKCAT discrimination process. I have recently completed and sent off that activities form.

So can it actually be possible that they're considering my application in spite of a lower UKCAT score? Given that UKCAT is stage 2 and the activities form is stage 3?

I fear this is too good to be true.
They don't have our UKCAT scores yet, they are delivered to all universities on Thursday. Good luck with your application! I wouldn't worry too much about something that you can't change. No news is good news for next few months!
If I understand correctly if you don't have a high enough UKCAT you won't pass to round 3.
Reply 3
Original post by Docjones1
If I understand correctly if you don't have a high enough UKCAT you won't pass to round 3.

You are correct yes that's why I was a bit shocked...oh well I suppose :colondollar:
Reply 4
Original post by james91ocr
They don't have our UKCAT scores yet, they are delivered to all universities on Thursday. Good luck with your application! I wouldn't worry too much about something that you can't change. No news is good news for next few months!

Thank you! But I do think no news is a double edged sword! It's so unnerving now that so many of my friends have really great offers already.

I'm not worried, I suppose I just can't believe I've been this silly in wasting an entire choice on a uni where I won't even get to the interview stage :wink:
Original post by fstarpey
Thank you! But I do think no news is a double edged sword! It's so unnerving now that so many of my friends have really great offers already.

I'm not worried, I suppose I just can't believe I've been this silly in wasting an entire choice on a uni where I won't even get to the interview stage :wink:

Not for medicine...
Reply 6
Original post by Docjones1
Not for medicine...

No of course not. Apologies- I should have made that clear.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending