The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hhhoney
don't worry they don't always respond quickly but by the sounds of it you have a really strong application so you should be fine!

Thank you!!!! I really hope so!
Original post by lookitsbeccy
Thank you!!!! I really hope so!

I got an offer from York 3 weeks after applying so don't worry, it will come :smile:
Original post by antigone-
I got an offer from York 3 weeks after applying so don't worry, it will come :smile:

Oh my gosh congrats but if you have one I'm like omgggg they don't want me because they're giving offers out to people who have applied around the same time :frown:((((
Oh my gosh congrats but if you have one I'm like omgggg they don't want me because they're giving offers out to people who have applied around the same time :frown:((((

I applied on the 18th September and got an offer on the 15th October so actually it took around a month

What makes you like York so much? :smile:
Reply 164
Hi there! Just want to ask is there any chance for me to get Exeter History and Politics offer?
My AS grade: ABBB
Predicted grade: A*AAA
I am wondering if they are going to give AAA or AAB :/
Original post by Tiffyx
Hi there! Just want to ask is there any chance for me to get Exeter History and Politics offer?

I know somebody with an offer who got ABCC at AS and predicted A*AA, can't remember the offer though.
It depends entirely on your school, have your other unis given you the lower contextualised offer? If so, Exeter probably will too
I applied on the 18th September and got an offer on the 15th October so actually it took around a month

What makes you like York so much? :smile:

Well done!!! I guess it was the atmosphere when I went there the city centre was lovely and the university campus itself was amazing! Also as a little side bonus my best friend has just been given a reduced offer there for philosophy so yeah! But overall Oxford is the dream!
Well done!!! I guess it was the atmosphere when I went there the city centre was lovely and the university campus itself was amazing! Also as a little side bonus my best friend has just been given a reduced offer there for philosophy so yeah! But overall Oxford is the dream!

I haven't been to York, will probably visit on the offer open day. If I don't get an offer from Oxford or LSE, York willl be my firm. How did you find the HAT?
I haven't been to York, will probably visit on the offer open day. If I don't get an offer from Oxford or LSE, York willl be my firm. How did you find the HAT?

I really don't know! It was a bit different this year!
I really don't know! It was a bit different this year!

Yeah it was a bit touch and go, hopefully I did okay :colondollar:
Yeah it was a bit touch and go, hopefully I did okay :colondollar:

I'm sure you will have done great!
I'm sure you will have done great!

Thank you, you too! :biggrin:
Reply 172
Original post by Tiffyx

I've got an offer for history & politics at exeter (what campus did you apply for?!)
& I got AABB last year and A*A*AA predictions so our grades are really similar, they gave me an offer of ABB so I'm sure you'll get a similar offer! good luck :smile:
anyone heard from southampton or exeter?
I sent my UCAS off yesterday, but so far I've had an offer of AAA from Manchester, and one from Keele which is unconditional if I firm it, and ABB otherwise. Just waiting on Birmingham, Sheffield and York now!
Applied to York and have an offer from them for History and Politics! Well done :smile:

Well done! Where else have you applied?
Original post by emmah208
Well done! Where else have you applied?

Thanks!

Oxford, LSE, QMUL and Essex. Waiting on Oxford and LSE but have offers from QMUL and Essex. What about you?
Thanks!

Oxford, LSE, QMUL and Essex. Waiting on Oxford and LSE but have offers from QMUL and Essex. What about you?

Well done, had all 5 offers! From York, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham and Manchester met :smile:
Original post by emmah208
Well done, had all 5 offers! From York, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham and Manchester met :smile:

Fantastic, well done! :biggrin:
Reply 179
Sent of yesterday, just received an offer from Kent for single honours,
Waiting on Sussex, Loughborough, Nottingham and UEA, anyone else got offers from these and how long did it take?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending