The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Anyone in here applied and had offers from Lancaster yet? In their acknowledgment email it said 'soon' 2 weeks is soon, just under a month is bloody antagonizing..
so far ive had unconditionals from Nottingham Trent and Lincoln and AAA from Manchester just waiting on Lancaster and Nottingham now..
Original post by Abbey15
Anyone in here applied and had offers from Lancaster yet? In their acknowledgment email it said 'soon' 2 weeks is soon, just under a month is bloody antagonizing..
so far ive had unconditionals from Nottingham Trent and Lincoln and AAA from Manchester just waiting on Lancaster and Nottingham now..

Sent UCAS on 9th October, received conditional offer on 30th, unconditional offer scheme letter came this morning :biggrin: They took the longest so don't worry yet :smile:
Reply 182
Original post by harrietw1
Sent of yesterday, just received an offer from Kent for single honours,
Waiting on Sussex, Loughborough, Nottingham and UEA, anyone else got offers from these and how long did it take?

I received an offer from Nottingham (for history) a week and a half after I sent my application.
Original post by emmah208
Well done, had all 5 offers! From York, Leeds, Manchester, Nottingham and Manchester met :smile:

Hey, congrats! How long did it take to get an offer from York?
Reply 184
Original post by hhhoney
I've got an offer for history & politics at exeter (what campus did you apply for?!)
& I got AABB last year and A*A*AA predictions so our grades are really similar, they gave me an offer of ABB so I'm sure you'll get a similar offer! good luck :smile:

hi! i am thinking to apply the Exeter one how about you? Yess but i am still afraid because i haven't sent my personal statement yet and i just got ABBB (if you count language so i got AABBB) :/
anyone else got offers .... and how long did it take?

To all of you getting a bit concerned about 'waiting' .......

Since all Unis and subjects process applications differently and with different timetables, it means NOTHING if you haven't yet got an offer and someone else has.

The only certainty is that all Universities will continue to make offers right up to the deadline in May. And if you have researched your Uni choices sensibly and written a good PS, then you stand as much chance of an offer as anyone else.

Maybe it would be better for everyone not to keep asking 'when' someone else applied because it'll just make you all more anxious ....?
Reply 186
Anyone received an offer this weekend? Or not because ucas track has been down?
AS Grades: ACCD
Predicted Grades: CCC
Choices: Chichester, Bournemouth, Winchester, Portsmouth and Bath Spa

I plan to study English Literature and History
Anyone received an offer this weekend? Or not because ucas track has been down?

You won't get offers at the weekend ...... because University offices don't work at the weekends.

You might get some auto-generated emails but from night-time Friday you can essentially forget Track until Monday morning.
Reply 189
Original post by returnmigrant
You won't get offers at the weekend ...... because University offices don't work at the weekends.

You might get some auto-generated emails but from night-time Friday you can essentially forget Track until Monday morning.

Thank you!
Reply 190
Anyone heard from UCL?
Reply 191
Got offer from Nottingham, 5/5 now
Got offer from Nottingham, 5/5 now

Same! Where else have you applied
Reply 193
4/5 offers! Waiting for Durham but they are going to take months to respond:frown:
Reply 194
Original post by claudiaford0798
Same! Where else have you applied

East Anglia, Loughborough, Warwick and Kent, you?
Got an offer from York!
East Anglia, Loughborough, Warwick and Kent, you?

Birmingham Nottingham York Bristol and Exeter!
AS levels: ABBC M1 (A* in EPQ)
Predicted Grades: A*AA D3
Choices: Lancaster, QMUL, Warwick, Keele & Winchester
AS Level - AABB
A2 Predicted - AAA
Choices - Leeds, Loughborough, Nottingham, Manchester and Reading

Received two offers today so I'm over the moon!
Original post by Eliseee_
how long did the other universities take to respond?

Can I suggest that all of you stop the obsession with 'response times'?

It actually means nothing significant WHEN you get an offer, and all you are doing is winding each other up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending