The Student Room Group

GSK Future Leaders Programme

I'm applying for the R&D future leaders programme for GSK, and wondering how many other people are applying? If so how are your applications going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Fishy182
I'm applying for the R&D future leaders programme for GSK, and wondering how many other people are applying? If so how are your applications going?

Though i applied for a different program as yours, Esprit Post Graduate, just wanted to know hows your application so far?
Reply 2
Applied for R&D, passed online tests, awaiting invitation for video interview. Has anybody been invited to the video interview?
Reply 3
HI, I applied 3 weeks ago and I am still waiting also.
I applied Regulatory Affairs. They close the applications for this scheme.
I hope we hear back form GSK soon.
Reply 4
Another vague email from GSK "We just wanted to let you know that we are still in the process of reviewing your application. Please be assured that we will contact you at our earliest opportunity with an outcome on your application.

The next stage of the process would be a video interview and the Assessment Centre is due to be held on 18th & 19th January 2016."

Anyone had better news?
Ive been invited to do the video interview, Just done it and it went horribly :/. guess well just have to wait and see.
Reply 6
Original post by fuzzmuzz
Ive been invited to do the video interview, Just done it and it went horribly :/. guess well just have to wait and see.

Hi Fuzzmuzz, thanks for sharing. What was it like? What sort of questions were you asked? Any preparation tips?
Original post by NiveaSoft
Hi Fuzzmuzz, thanks for sharing. What was it like? What sort of questions were you asked? Any preparation tips?

It was 5 questions and all but 1 was competency. So motivation/leaderhsip, innovation, team work. so remember to just use examples and you'll be fine. The questions are not very difficult is just a weird situation siting in front of a webcam. hope this helps, what have you applied for?
Reply 8
I got invited for a telephonic interview. I applied for Esprit Commercial programme. Interview is scheduled for tomorrow i.e. 9th November.
Reply 9
Applied for PhSc, done video interview now waiting for an update.
Original post by fuzzmuzz

I finished my video interview day and it went TERRIBLY too, i have a feeling i won't get the assessment centre.
Original post by barettog1
Ok, good luck. What sort of questions did you get? Was it similar to what fuzzmuzz mentioned?

I am still waiting for the video interview email.

I think they are all very similar to be honest, no preparation needed. It is a very strange way to interview applicants. Good luck :-)
Reply 12
Had my telephone interview for the Esprit programme yesterday. Competency based questions with examples to be quoted for the same and few technical MBA questions.

went ok i guess couldnt quote much examples though.
Original post by salmatasnim
I finished my video interview day and it went TERRIBLY too, i have a feeling i won't get the assessment centre.

oh no I guess well just have to wait and see and keep our fingers crossed. What have you applied for? :smile:
Reply 14
Can you please tell me what kind of questions you had in the video interview.?
Reply 15

Can you please tell me what kind of questions you had in the video interview.
Original post by Nav001
Can you please tell me what kind of questions you had in the video interview.

There was 5 questions and 4 of them were competency based, for example: "describe a time when you adapted to change" or "describe a time you showed leadership skills". And then the other Q was specific to your role, which I guess can vary.

What did you apply for? Hope that helped.
Reply 17
There was 5 questions and 4 of them were competency based, for example: "describe a time when you adapted to change" or "describe a time you showed leadership skills". And then the other Q was specific to your role, which I guess can vary.

I had a similar competency interview, I used bulletproof competency, it helped really well, Hope you find it useful 😊🙌🏻
Reply 18

Thank you so much for you help.
Reply 19
Got rejection for Esprit programme.

Wish you all the best!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending