The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Straypixels
Japanese! Was it you who applied for Japanese too?

Nope, I'm applying for Chinese:-)
Original post by CatherineJohnson
I applied to St Edmund Hall to do Earth Sciences and received an interview offer today.

Congrats :smile:

Original post by jxw98
Hey! Do you know if they send out rejections before or after acceptances? or is it at the same time? Thanks!

Same time :smile:
Original post by Drinky97
I'm coming from Gloucestershire! I'm right on the border with South Wales... How about you?

I'm from Oxfordshire! It's only about 15 minutes on the train for me, hahah. Was Worcester your first choice college?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Trx97
Anyone applied for German or French?

Me!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CatherineJohnson
I applied to St Edmund Hall to do Earth Sciences and received an interview offer today.

Well done, I'm still waiting for a reply from Worcester
Damn! I have a long drive ahead! No actually magdalen was but I'm just as happy with Worcester. You?
Original post by connieiscrazy
I applied to Balliol for Law but got reallocated to St Hugh's for interview, and they said to expect to hear from Hugh's 'in a couple of days' - this was on 18th Nov. I don't know if I'm being obsessive because it's been the weekend and the rest of this week still remains but I haven't heard back yet and I'm starting to get worried because I know other colleges have sent out Law invites...

I wouldn't get paranoid I don't think they do emails on the weekend and some colleges reply later than others. If it takes a long time then email them!

German and French too! Where have you applied?
Original post by Scjclo2861
Upon reflection, I think I could've done better, but I was quite nervous. I agree about the translations, grammar wasn't too bad, but wish I had time to check over it. What are your grades like?

I know what you mean, 30 minutes was relatively short to check things over! I'll PM you :colondollar:
Original post by Drinky97
Damn! I have a long drive ahead! No actually magdalen was but I'm just as happy with Worcester. You?

Aww, well I hope the long drive is worth it! :smile: and Magdalen is lovely too. Worcester was my first choice - completely fell in love with it at the open day, so I'm very glad I didn't get reallocated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ally's
Wadham have put on their website, those courses they have sent out interview letters for. Yours was not one of them when I last looked!

Ooh, do you have the link to the page?
Original post by chloeabeki
Ooh, do you have the link to the page?

https://www.wadham.ox.ac.uk/students/undergraduates/admissions/candidate-information

Under 'shortlisting decisions' I think
Original post by danniegee
I know that some people reject their offer - I imagine some people would put it as their insurance, although since the grades needed for Oxford tend to be pretty high, I don't imagine that there are many other possible 'firm' choices with higher entry requirements...

Oxford is actually my joint-first choice university, if I got an offer from them then I'd struggle to pick between them and Durham (who've already offered me an unconditional place)
Original post by judogainz
got my offer for ppe! buzzing

Which college?
Original post by crose
I applied for English, which hasn't sent out a single invitation yet, as far as I can tell. People are saying rejections come first, so I guess no news is good news?

I can't imagine there being much truth to the idea that "rejections come first", I reckon they probably do it all at once...but (as a fellow English applicant) I'm pretty sure there'll be nothing for a few days yet regardless of your application's success at this stage...
Original post by La_magicienne
I'm applying for French! Have you heard anything back yet? :smile:

Also has anyone heard from New College?

Ahh I've applied for French at New College too! Haven't heard anything yet either :frown: How was the MLAT??
Original post by mjswan
I have applied to study PPE, however have not heard anything back yet. Does anyone know when they usually start sending out interview invitations?

I haven't heard anything and I've applied for PPE too, what college have you applied to?
Original post by humortime
I just got an email from my college titled "Interview Invitation", but the body of the message said that they were sending a "friendly remind" asking for me to inform them wether I plan on going there for my interview or conduct them over Skype. I haven't received an email or letter with a formal invitation for interview yet, so this is very strange. I emailed back and asked about it, but haven't heard anything yet, and most likely won't until tomorrow given the time. Currently freaking out.

Sounds like an interview, congrats! Which college did you apply to?
Original post by connieiscrazy
I applied to Balliol for Law but got reallocated to St Hugh's for interview, and they said to expect to hear from Hugh's 'in a couple of days' - this was on 18th Nov. I don't know if I'm being obsessive because it's been the weekend and the rest of this week still remains but I haven't heard back yet and I'm starting to get worried because I know other colleges have sent out Law invites...

Don't worry. I don't think St. Hugh's have sent out any invitations yet. They are probably waiting until they are done with shortlisting the rest of their applicants. Lovely college, by the way - gorgeous gardens! I was there during summer school a couple of years ago :smile:
Original post by madsparrow
Aww, well I hope the long drive is worth it! :smile: and Magdalen is lovely too. Worcester was my first choice - completely fell in love with it at the open day, so I'm very glad I didn't get reallocated! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't look at Worcester when I visited but I wish I did now! I've fallen in love with it more than magdalen! 😳😄

Latest

Trending

Trending