The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crose
does anyone have any clue at all when the english invitations are going to be released? as far as i can tell, not a single one has been sent out and i'm going kind of crazy

I'd imagine sometime this week, probably towards the latter end. I'm an English applicant too, and it is driving me mad! Which college have you applied to?
Reply 6341
Original post by RebeccaTheWhovia
I'd imagine sometime this week, probably towards the latter end. I'm an English applicant too, and it is driving me mad! Which college have you applied to?

Lincoln, but at this point I'd take any of them, tbh--I just want to know! You?
Original post by luceds
has anyone heard of any rejections or interviews for medicine?

BMAT isn't out yet, so it's very unlikely anyone has been rejected or invited to interview. Unless their predicted grades weren't the minimum entry requirement, and I doubt anyone applied in that position.
Original post by crose
Lincoln, but at this point I'd take any of them, tbh--I just want to know! You?

I feel exactly the same, I'd take any at the moment (especially after the stressful application with everything that has gone wrong!). I applied to Christ Church :smile:
Original post by danniegee
I know that some people reject their offer - I imagine some people would put it as their insurance, although since the grades needed for Oxford tend to be pretty high, I don't imagine that there are many other possible 'firm' choices with higher entry requirements...

For a lot of science subjects, Oxford's entry requirements are pretty "normal". A lot of people with offers from Imperial, for instance, will have (in some cases significantly) higher grades from Imperial. Which puts you in a tricky position because Imperial can't be your insurance any more...
Original post by eddso
I love how I really don't give much of a f*** about whether I get an interview or not haha! I applied just for a laugh to see what hapened because my teacher was like do it so I was like why not as I had no where else to apply to! It's about third or fourth on my list so even if I got an offer I wouldn't take it (kind of want to get in just so I can say I turned down Oxford hahah) :smile: Bristol is my top and I desperately desperately want an offer from there, followed by York :biggrin: Good luck to everyone though who desperately wants it like I want Bristol! :biggrin:

alright lad
Any news for Keble E&M?The wait is nerve wrecking...
Original post by eddso
I love how I really don't give much of a f*** about whether I get an interview or not haha! I applied just for a laugh to see what hapened because my teacher was like do it so I was like why not as I had no where else to apply to! It's about third or fourth on my list so even if I got an offer I wouldn't take it (kind of want to get in just so I can say I turned down Oxford hahah) :smile: Bristol is my top and I desperately desperately want an offer from there, followed by York :biggrin: Good luck to everyone though who desperately wants it like I want Bristol! :biggrin:

Well each to their own, nothing wrong with having this approach. Personally, I already have my offer from Bristol and I would drag myself through a pit of glass shards infested with deathstalker scoprions just to get an interview at Oxford.
Original post by GeogersReprsent
Well each to their own, nothing wrong with having this approach. Personally, I already have my offer from Bristol and I would drag myself through a pit of glass shards infested with deathstalker scoprions just to get an interview at Oxford.

Hahahahahaha you have the same situation as mine bruh

Now THAT is passion for your subject, ladies and gentlemen!
Merton said it would say who got an interview no sooner than the 23rd; I heard nothing today, did anyone else?
Original post by mazzaion
Fair enough but then I don't really see the point of applying in the first place :s-smilie:

Back up
Original post by Agax2468
Merton said it would say who got an interview no sooner than the 23rd; I heard nothing today, did anyone else?

Nope, the excruciating wait continues...I'm sure we'll hear this week, fellow sufferer!

retweet
Original post by Nikki2317
retweet

*facepalm*
Original post by lovecathy
Just out of interest - us home/eu-students can cover our fees with student loans from the British government. Is that how it works for you with national companies/banks/organisations, too? I've been wondering about how you guys even manage those costs for ages :smile:

Hi, I'm probably not the best person to ask this, since my parents are loaning me the money to pay the fees. Hopefully I'll get a scholarship though, there are programs one can apply to if they are accepted into top universities.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Nancy97
Hiii, I also applied for Chinese. :biggrin: What college did you apply to and did you receive an email yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wadham, I've not received any email about interview decisions yet tho, Hbu?
Original post by lovecathy
Just out of interest - us home/eu-students can cover our fees with student loans from the British government. Is that how it works for you with national companies/banks/organisations, too? I've been wondering about how you guys even manage those costs for ages :smile:

We sell our soul to the devil for our university tuition. Nah, jk, most people who have the money to send their child to English speaking institutions are pretty affluent.
Original post by Nikki2317
retweet

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH oh wow that was hilarious :lol:

Latest

Trending

Trending