The Student Room Group

History Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by hr3471
Hey, i'm applying to the Exeter campus, i got AAAD in my AS levels (the D is on history because i got an A and a U in my exams, but i am resitting) and am predicted A*AA 😃 good lick with your application, where else are you applying?

THANKS! I just handed in my application, so nervous now!
I am applying to UCL,Warwick, Exeter and Southampton. Thinking about the fifth choice...
Just sent off my UCAS for Reading, East Anglia, Sussex, Brunel and Hertfordshire!
My predicted grades are AAB!
Anybody had Durham or St Andrews yet
Reply 223
Original post by Jamesmeg3
Anybody had Durham or St Andrews yet

Sent mine off on the 22nd of October and still not heard back. My friends have for other courses but history is notoriously late!:s-smilie:
Original post by SMer
Sent mine off on the 22nd of October and still not heard back. My friends have for other courses but history is notoriously late!:s-smilie:

Any idea how late that is ?
Reply 225
Original post by Jamesmeg3
Any idea how late that is ?

January-March! They emailed me the following day and said they were waiting until the January deadline to make any decisions.
Original post by Wingsly
AS grades: A's in history and psychology and a D and E in chem and bio
Predicted A*AA (doing classics in one year)
Applied to: Kings, Queen Mary, Exeter, bath spa and Cardiff
sent mine off two days ago, super nervous :s-smilie:

Have you had an offer from kings yet??
Applying for -
> History at York and Edinburgh
> American Studies with History at Nottingham
> American Studies at UEA and Sussex

AS Grades: ABB (A in history)
Predicted: AAB

Recieved conditional offer for UEA (ABB, or BBB with an A in EPQ) on 24/11.

Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh for History?? Seems to be super slow on thier offers.
Just got an offer from Birmingham asking for AAB, my first choice but the last one to reply! I'm more than likely going to put it as my firm :smile:
Original post by studentmcr6

Anyone heard anything from Edinburgh for History?? Seems to be super slow on thier offers.

Someone I know was told that he would hear from them at the beginning of December, he applied at the end of September/beginning of October, not entirely sure what date.
history first year here, if anybody wants/needs any help with the application process i can try and help (having done ucas only a year ago i know how horrible it can be)
AS grades: AABB
A2 predictions: AAA
Universities applied to: UCL, Bristol, KCL, Cardiff, Southampton

So nervous to get responses! Good luck everyone :smile:
Original post by oswalds
Someone I know was told that he would hear from them at the beginning of December, he applied at the end of September/beginning of October, not entirely sure what date.

Thank you :-)
Original post by gbradley5

no not yet, but ive heard from other people at my college that they are usually pretty quick to reply
Original post by gbradley5

I got an offer for History from Kings 5 days after I sent off my UCAS
Reply 235
Just got my first offer! Warwick - history and politics :smile::colondollar:
AS grades: AAAB
A2 predictions: AAA
Universities applied to: Leeds, Newcastle, Nottingham, Leicester, Northumbria

I've got conditional offers from Newcastle and Northumbria, and an Unconditional if I firm Nottingham, which I'm tempted to firm as it's the safe option but I really loved Newcastle and Leeds as well :colondollar: good luck everyone!
Original post by what_even

I've got conditional offers from Newcastle and Northumbria, and an Unconditional if I firm Nottingham, which I'm tempted to firm as it's the safe option but I really loved Newcastle and Leeds as well

An Unconditional offer isn't always the 'safe' wonder-offer it appears.

Please read all of this TSR article before you make any decision about what to Firm - and especially the bit about getting Unconditional offers whilst still taking A levels - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices
Thank you, I've read this before but I do actually really love the uni as much as the other two with higher grades-I just meant safe as in I'd definitely be in a uni I loved, but thank you as I'm still undecided :smile:
Original post by returnmigrant
An Unconditional offer isn't always the 'safe' wonder-offer it appears.

Please read all of this TSR article before you make any decision about what to Firm - and especially the bit about getting Unconditional offers whilst still taking A levels - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 239
AS Results:
A - Religious Studies
B - History
B - Geography
C - English Literature

Predictions:
A* Re
A History
B Geography

I sent off my UCAS application today for the following: