The Student Room Group

Woman, 21, once again avoids jail for molesting boy, 11.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/625350/Babysitter-avoids-jail-again

Apparently the boy was "mature for his age." Apparently "She had life experiences that had affected her emotional development and left her craving intimacy."

Mother of the boy:

"I am so angry but also so upset. I'm gobsmacked as it feels as though she has got away with it.

"When I came here I was sure they would see just how serious this is and lock her away but I've lost all my faith in the justice system.

"They have not taken into account the impact this has had on my son. He is not eating properly, he can't go to school and he can't sleep properly.

"If the sexes had been the other way around, I have no doubt they would have issued a jail sentence.

"I am still shocked at the decision but I can't take this any further now. I just have to be there for my son."

NSPCC:

"This sentence sends out completely the wrong message to female offenders; suggesting the grotesque sexual exploitation of an 11-year-old boy by a woman in her twenties is somehow a less serious crime than if the sexes of the victim and perpetrator were reversed.

"Even the Attorney General argued the sentencing was 'unduly lenient' and we can only speculate that the outcome would have been very different if the abuser was a man."
so much for equal opportunities.
Male privilege...

Posted from TSR Mobile
And the feminists would have claimed that the boy "threw" himself on the woman and couldn't help his base "male" animalistic urges, and that she was actually the victim.

Damn.
Justice was served, this was the best outcome.
Original post by BobbyFlay
Justice was served, this was the best outcome.

I can't tell whether you're being serious (whether you hold that view.)
Feel free to clarify?
Original post by Harriett071
Absolutely ridiculous, well done feminism...

Well, so many guys support it. Everyone should understand that modern feminism is selective equality, we all know women can get away with being as evil as they like and cry vulnerability or male oppression.
I'm a feminist and I think that what has happened to that boy is disgusting, of course that woman should have been properly sentenced, it's ridiculous that she wasn't. Feminism is the equality of the sexes, not female supremacy (as it is often portrayed in the media), it is only a small minority of "feminists" who would believe that it was the boy's fault. As a feminist I am fighting for everyone's rights, I am fighting for the rights of women to be seen as equal to men, but also for the rights for men who are victims of domestic abuse and rape to be taken seriously, and so that men don't have to feel like they have to be emotionless to preserve a "masculine" image, because what exactly defines masculinity? That is what feminism is actually about, not the messed up extremist groups you see in the media.
Original post by Emily May
it is only a small minority of "feminists" who would believe that it was the boy's fault.

I know you mean well, but this is baseless. It's perception. You've can't prove it therefore the statement is false.

What is clear is that only 19% of the UK identifies as 'feminist' (men and women). Maybe your lived experience of feminism indicates 'feminists' would stand against this, however my lived experience indicates otherwise - they wouldn't stand against it, they'd deem it contrary to their narrative and just ignore it.

Neither lived experience is invalid.

What do you think to the fact this story hasn't been published - from what I can see - on the BBC? Ever. It has been in the MSM, but on predominantly right-wing websites. But it hasn't been near the BBC, not even in their massive local news output.

They even managed to pick it up in on BBC Brazil, but not the UK. http://www.bbc.co.uk/portuguese/noticias/2015/10/151007_baba_pedofila_perdoada_rm
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm a feminist and I think that what has happened to that boy is disgusting, of course that woman should have been properly sentenced, it's ridiculous that she wasn't. Feminism is the equality of the sexes, not female supremacy (as it is often portrayed in the media), it is only a small minority of "feminists" who would believe that it was the boy's fault. As a feminist I am fighting for everyone's rights, I am fighting for the rights of women to be seen as equal to men, but also for the rights for men who are victims of domestic abuse and rape to be taken seriously, and so that men don't have to feel like they have to be emotionless to preserve a "masculine" image, because what exactly defines masculinity? That is what feminism is actually about, not the messed up extremist groups you see in the media.
So you're saying that masculinity is a bad thing and should be removed from society?
Original post by TheCitizenAct
I know you mean well, but this is baseless. It's perception. You've can't prove it therefore the statement is false.

What is clear is that only 19% of the UK identifies as 'feminist' (men and women). Maybe your lived experience of feminism indicates 'feminists' would stand against this, however my lived experience indicates otherwise - they wouldn't stand against it, they'd deem it contrary to their narrative and just ignore it.

Neither lived experience is invalid.

What do you think to the fact this story hasn't been published - from what I can see - on the BBC? Ever. It has been in the MSM, but on predominantly right-wing websites. But it hasn't been near the BBC, not even in their massive local news output.

They even managed to pick it up in on BBC Brazil, but not the UK. http://www.bbc.co.uk/portuguese/noticias/2015/10/151007_baba_pedofila_perdoada_rm

Yeah I suppose, obviously those statistics show contrary to my experience, but from where I come from hearing that news would have evoked a reaction against the sentence given to the woman, it still disgusts me that this is the reaction and the lack of media coverage enhances the inequality in treatment between rape and molesting cases.
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
So you're saying that masculinity is a bad thing and should be removed from society?

Not exactly, I think the "ideal" masculinity idea shouldn't be enforced upon anyone as it's harmful for those who don't fit into that ideal and gender roles as a whole need to be removed, as it's just harmful for anyone to be exposed to the stereotypes and be expected to fit into them.
Original post by TheCitizenAct
"She had life experiences that had affected her emotional development and left her craving intimacy."

This would never, ever be even considered an excuse should it have been a 21-year-old man...
Feminist with a willy checking in.

This **** is ****ed up, and the reaction from some other feminists on the issue is also ****ed up. It's no wonder that people doubt the movement when you've got idiots spouting off that it was obviously the boys fault purely because of the genitals he was born with. Obviously that's not a view that shared by the entire community, but those who shout the loudest, etc.
Not exactly, I think the "ideal" masculinity idea shouldn't be enforced upon anyone as it's harmful for those who don't fit into that ideal and gender roles as a whole need to be removed, as it's just harmful for anyone to be exposed to the stereotypes and be expected to fit into them.
So... that's pretty much what I described.
At least we have got to 17 posts without the usual examples of real rape culture. " Why is he complaining, most lads would have been made up etc etc"
Reply 16
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
And the feminists would have claimed that the boy "threw" himself on the woman and couldn't help his base "male" animalistic urges, and that she was actually the victim.

Damn.

Exactly.

Take feminism seriously?...Not even once.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending