The Student Room Group

Growth Spurt

Hello I’m 22 years old turning 23 next month I went today to my gp to have a flu jab done and I then asked the nurse to have my height measured as I was curious to know if there was any change since the last time I got measured. The nurse measured me and my height is 183cm (1.83 meters) in foot is 6’0. I asked the nurse was that accurate she said it was and I told her Im 22 turning 23 next month and Im still growing I was then therefore like could I be one of those boys growing till 25 she was like is there a family history of growth my mum is like 5’4 and dad is like 5’7 I was like no but she said I could potentially grow to be 6’1 maybe in this case as I’m growing. Do you think I have a growth spurt even a growth of one inch?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello I’m 22 years old turning 23 next month I went today to my gp to have a flu jab done and I then asked the nurse to have my height measured as I was curious to know if there was any change since the last time I got measured. The nurse measured me and my height is 183cm (1.83 meters) in foot is 6’0. I asked the nurse was that accurate she said it was and I told her Im 22 turning 23 next month and Im still growing I was then therefore like could I be one of those boys growing till 25 she was like is there a family history of growth my mum is like 5’4 and dad is like 5’7 I was like no but she said I could potentially grow to be 6’1 maybe in this case as I’m growing. Do you think I have a growth spurt even a growth of one inch?

sorry no chance for you to grow boys stop growing around 18 to 21 your done your tall you don't need a growth spurt
Original post by Anonymous

If you’re still growing at 23, please go back and see a GP (doctor).
There are some rare medical reasons why growth can continue beyond a usual age in young adults. Such growth should always be checked out.
(edited 1 day ago)
Original post by Antique1
If you’re still growing at 23, please go and see your GP. There are reasons this can happen which should be checked out.

basically he's done growing boys stop growing around 18 to 21
Original post by zack19002006
basically he's done growing boys stop growing around 18 to 21

That’s true for most.

I’m a parent on here with a professional background in this. Some people can still grow past the age of 21 and there are specific reasons why.
That’s true for most.
I’m a parent on here with a professional background in this. Some people can still grow past the age of 21 and there are specific reasons why.

so if for me I'm a late bloomer i'm 18 could I grow in tell 24
so if for me I'm a late bloomer i'm 18 could I grow in tell 24

Give yourself until 21 and see!
There are medical reasons why some people grow after 23. It’s not being a late bloomer, it’s really unusual.
Growth at that age should always be checked out with a doctor.
(edited 1 day ago)
Go and check this out with the GP (doctor). You’ll probably need your height checked again. After around 21, a few young men can keep growing for specific medical reasons which need treating.
It’s most likely fine, but best to be certain.

well i stop growing at 16 and having at any luck yet
well i stop growing at 16 and having at any luck yet

I’m sorry, I meant to reply to the OP. Didn’t delete the message fast enough.
You could still grow a small amount between now and 21.
well it say i could grow to 5'8-5'9
well it say i could grow to 5'8-5'9

Exactly.
Some pharmacies can check your height. Just once a year, until you’re 21.

Try not to worry about it, get on with more important things like your education and future work.

Quick Reply

Latest