The Student Room Group

Why are people racist & will there ever be a cure for the Authoritarian Personality?

Discuss..
Reply 1
People are racist because they don't understand statistics and
I don't know what The Authoritarian Personality is or why it needs a cure.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by llys
People are racist because they don't understand statistics and
I don't know what The Authoritarian Personality is or why it needs a cure.

The Authoritarian Personality is essentially a "them and us" mindset.
Original post by Results
The Authoritarian Personality is essentially a "them and us" mindset.

Listen OP. It's us and them now. We gotta work together to SURVIVE.
Reply 4
Original post by High Stakes
Listen OP. It's us and them now. We gotta work together to SURVIVE.

I'm totally US and THEM ...in fact, in this particular case, I would be classified upon sight as one of "them"

:smile:
People aren't mostly racist at all they simply don't like certain cultures and regions

Those religions and cultures mostly happen to be brown people's

Posted from TSR Mobile
as much as I hate authoritarians and racists, is there necessarily a logical progression from racism to authoritarianism?
The Authoritarian Personality studies were the work of predominantly Jewish Marxists designed to undermine European society and their moral codes. That's why essentially any conservative social or moral position and Chrisitian belief are characterised by Adorno and the like as "authoritarian" and therefore supposedly equivalent to fascism. This is so they don't have to engage their opponents in a debate on an equal footing but so they can act like their opponents are mentally ill.

In reality it was the Jewish communists who were mentally disturbed.
well you're making the claim that having authoritarian political views is a psychological illness. it's interesting because authoritarians could say the same about people with libertarian views just as christians or muslims could say 'will there ever be a cure for people with atheist views?'.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending