The Student Room Group

I’m such a bad and toxic person

I’ve realised this. I’m a female (17). I don’t get along with my sister. she thinks I’m toxic because I keep taking her stuff.
I try so hard to form a bond with her, but we have absolutely nothing in common (she’s 23).
I dislike my sixthform friends. These 2 girls, make fun of people and are racist. Now my white friend has started to be racist to me. I’m only friend with them because they were the only people I knew from my secondary school. They never let me mingle with others on the first school day, so I’ve been stuck with them ever since. Even when they are nice to me, I just put a face on and pretend I’m besties with them . I’m not. I’m practically using them. I miss my secondary school friends so bad.
I just feel like such a bad person.
I hate myself and I really do feel toxic.

I talk **** about my ‘friends’ to my secondary school friends. My friend was practically dating this guy she knew I liked at the start of the year. It was all a joke at first but now I can’t take it. I’m so glad the holidays are almost here.
I just feel like recently, I haven’t been myself.
I wish I had a connection with someone. But I don’t. Not even with my sister.
I **** Everything up.
Firstly, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch right now, it sounds tough. It's important to remember that it's okay to feel this way and most people do at some point.

Original post by Anonymous
I’ve realised this. I’m a female (17). I don’t get along with my sister. she thinks I’m toxic because I keep taking her stuff.
I try so hard to form a bond with her, but we have absolutely nothing in common (she’s 23).
I dislike my sixthform friends. These 2 girls, make fun of people and are racist. Now my white friend has started to be racist to me. I’m only friend with them because they were the only people I knew from my secondary school. They never let me mingle with others on the first school day, so I’ve been stuck with them ever since. Even when they are nice to me, I just put a face on and pretend I’m besties with them . I’m not. I’m practically using them. I miss my secondary school friends so bad.

I talk **** about my ‘friends’ to my secondary school friends. My friend was practically dating this guy she knew I liked at the start of the year. It was all a joke at first but now I can’t take it. I’m so glad the holidays are almost here.
I **** Everything up.

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear you're going through a rough patch right now, it sounds tough. It's important to remember that it's okay to feel this way and most people do at some point.

I believe conflicts between siblings happen all the time. It may be beneficial for you to have a sincere discussion with her about your feelings and how you perceive the relationship. The fact that you're taking her things might be indicative of a deeper issue. Are you doing this to get her attention or for some other reason? Understanding the reasons behind your actions can lead to better solutions.

As for your friends, true friendship is built on mutual respect and understanding. If they're engaging in behavior that's disrespectful to you or others, you may want to consider seeking new friendships. You're not stuck with anyone, and it's okay to be alone for a bit while finding people who truly value you for who you are.

Remember, life is full of ups and downs, and sometimes, these challenging moments can lead to personal growth. Hang in there, and consider seeking guidance from a counselor or therapist to help manage these feelings. They're trained to provide tools and strategies to help you navigate through difficult times like this.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

I **** Everything up.

What ur going through is obviously pretty *****y, I mean having to be friends with people that are actively racist to u is gonna make anyone jaded. I honestly think its better to distance urself from these people, and not have anyone that you really talk to at school, instead of forcing urself to talk to people u obviously dont like. If u keep forcing urself like this, u are just gonna end up pretty bitter, sad and ur not gonna be having a good time. I dont think ur that toxic, wanting friends is natural, and 'using these people' like u said just to have people to talk to is what we are naturally inclined to do. I think the most important thing is that uve realised its a problem and that u need to do smth which is the hardest part. I respect u trying hard to get a relationship with ur sister, some people wil just not want that and unfortunately theres nothing u can do about that, and trying too hard will just upset you. Instead try just going out and meeting new people urself, people that u like and who recognise ur importance and value.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending