The Student Room Group

Badges are live.... beta rollout!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Carnationlilyrose
I honestly don't know why I am still a 'hero level 1'. How is that possible on a purely statistical basis, as a member of the ten-gem master race?

I only ended up with Hero 3 by moving hundreds and hundreds of Study Help threads around :sigh:
Original post by Yidi Amin
:teehee:

Do explain
Original post by kilithedwarf93
Do explain

Member is another word for penis, TSR is saying you have a small willy.
Original post by Yidi Amin
Member is another word for penis, TSR is saying you have a small willy.

Oh i getcha!
Original post by SeanFM
13 months later, struggling to get past level 1 hero badge. Not that I'm complaining, it makes it more of a challenge :h:

I don't think I've seen anyone on TSR with a level 2 or 3 Hero badge :parrot:
Original post by Leviathan1741

:flutter:

Spoiler

I have the Level 2 but i doubt I ll ever get the Level 3 badge.
Original post by claireestelle

I stand corrected then :h:

*Cough* Me *Cough*

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
:flutter:

Spoiler

Mine's not and boy, am I proud of it :proud:

What is the highest level for every single badge anyway? Can someone tell me that?
Original post by Kallisto
What is the highest level for every single badge anyway? Can someone tell me that?

Level 3 is the highest...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=9581-What-are-TSR-badges
I honestly don't know why I am still a 'hero level 1'. How is that possible on a purely statistical basis, as a member of the ten-gem master race?

Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I only ended up with Hero 3 by moving hundreds and hundreds of Study Help threads around :sigh:

I think there's probably a fault with the system - considering how rare the L2/3 Hero badges are, I'd imagine that it's not exactly as detailed on the info page...

That is quite little. But I am realizing right now that I have this highest ranking nowhere. But who cares? it has no meaning...
Original post by Alexion
I think there's probably a fault with the system - considering how rare the L2/3 Hero badges are, I'd imagine that it's not exactly as detailed on the info page...

You are probably right.
Original post by Snufkin
Could something that requires less development time be done to address some of the problems which badges were supposed to alleviate? I thought badges were originally intended to reward people for positive contributions to the site, especially in forums where rep is rarely given (universities, careers, study help).

@Roving Fish I assume you didn't see this? Shameless re-post.

I am wondering the same. I am hero level 1 as well, but the level didn't raise for almost a year. The same applies to the another badges.
Original post by Snufkin
@Roving Fish I assume you didn't see this? Shameless re-post.

You're right, I didn't see it - sorry! My quotes have been a bit mental as a few of us were drafted down to TSR Towers for an SL workshop day thing.

In terms of your suggestion for badges, it would be a good thing to look in to - should this development be picked up again. I would probably lean towards this not being picked up any time soon - there are projects that are really going to change how you use TSR being launched this year, which are really exciting and take priority over smaller stuff like this. :excited:

:smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
You're right, I didn't see it - sorry! My quotes have been a bit mental as a few of us were drafted down to TSR Towers for an SL workshop day thing.

In terms of your suggestion for badges, it would be a good thing to look in to - should this development be picked up again. I would probably lean towards this not being picked up any time soon - there are projects that are really going to change how you use TSR being launched this year, which are really exciting and take priority over smaller stuff like this. :excited:

:smile:

I'm not making a suggestion about badges. I didn't like badges and it doesn't surprise me that the CT have put the project on hold. But they were (apparently) meant to solve the issue of helpfulness going unrecognised - they haven't, that issue is still there - so I'm asking is there anything else that can be done to solve that issue, something which would take less development time?
Original post by Snufkin
I'm not making a suggestion about badges. I didn't like badges and it doesn't surprise me that the CT have put the project on hold. But they were (apparently) meant to solve the issue of helpfulness going unrecognised - they haven't, that issue is still there - so I'm asking is there anything else that can be done to solve that issue, something which would take less development time?

Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head! A lot of people are happy doing what they're doing without any recognition. :smile:
Original post by Roving Fish
Nothing that I can think of off the top of my head! A lot of people are happy doing what they're doing without any recognition. :smile:

Of course they are, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be any. It's pretty annoying when you spend 5-10 minutes researching an answer for someone but don't get any kind of acknowledgment, let alone rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending