The Student Room Group

Emma Watson petition to go to 'the jungle' without bodyguards

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by mojojojo101
I bet she cant even go to her local Tesco without a bodyguard, this petition is ****ing stupid.

I'd ne more than happy to do that, provided you go and live in Raqqa for a week

Those in clalaid aren't fleeing Raqqa, they're coming from safe countries like Turkey for money, and only 38% are even from Syria, let alone Raqqa, so get your facts straight.
Original post by SmashConcept
Most of us are grown ups with jobs. Sorry.

Wait, most pro-refugees are grown ups with jobs? I assumed they were all either silly kids who still live with their parents, or right-on nutters in council houses!
Original post by balanced
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/23/petition-feminist-migrant-activist-actress-emma-watson-spend-week-in-migrant-camp/

As she is so sure that the migrants are lovely people, and that they are not rapists, a petition has been created for her to experience how they are as people, without bodyguards around.

So basically the Breitbart people and their idiot followers think that Emma Watson will get sexually assaulted or worse if she goes there, and they think that this means there should be pressure on her to get into that situation.

Well, congratulations on making it nearly 4 weeks pretending to care about the victims of sex crimes. Then again honesty is always the best policy, so it's good to know that you pieces of **** have gone back to admitting that you think rape is nothing more than a convenient political outlet for your xenophobic agenda.
'The refugees are all rapists and should be locked up for raping our women. Oh look a young woman doesn't think we should tar them all with the same brush, let's send her in and laugh when she gets assaulted or raped because we really care about women and the victims of sex crimes.'
Original post by abruiseonthesky
'The refugees are all rapists and should be locked up for raping our women. Oh look a young woman doesn't think we should tar them all with the same brush, let's send her in and laugh when she gets assaulted or raped because we really care about women and the victims of sex crimes.'

I love your posts lol
Original post by Student403
I love your posts lol

I'm flattered :wink: tbh I think it's a mixture of being heavily opinionated and quite arsey, not the greatest combination haha!
I'm flattered :wink: tbh I think it's a mixture of being heavily opinionated and quite arsey, not the greatest combination haha!

If not in a real life debate, it's certainly entertaining and good spirited on forums :h:
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
A very cunning petition :biggrin:

She won't go though...

If 'cunning' has been redefined to 'massively hypocritical as the petition is coming from the very same people who are outraged over the recent spate of sex crimes committed by migrants not solely because they're disgusting crimes but because they were committed against their women by foreigners yet they want to send a young woman into a camp of people they seem to believe are all rapists to 'teach her a lesson' or some bs like that' then yes, I'd agree.
If not in a real life debate, it's certainly entertaining and good spirited on forums :h:

In real debate I pass it off as passion and spirit :wink:
In real debate I pass it off as passion and spirit :wink:

Probably quite well! What's the atmosphere in Germany like at this time with all the current migrant affairs?
Probably quite well! What's the atmosphere in Germany like at this time with all the current migrant affairs?

Aw you! I haven't really noticed much difference tbh...

I agree that we should not paint everyone with the same brush. We should also not paint all migrants with the same brush that they're in dire need or are extremely warm people, etc, all this overly positive tripe that is endorsed by left wing media. It works both ways, for consistency. The point is quite the opposite to painting everyone with the same brush. Being naive enough to endorse mass migration without consideration for the lack of background checks etc which permits events such as those that happened in cologne to occur is ironic at the very least. Ironic as sexual harrassment of women etc is such a widely discussed feminist topic. Nothing like hypocrisy though ehh.

Well I'm glad to hear that :h: The media certainly doesn't portray that which is quite shameful
Sounds to me like a petition written by confrontational angry masochists more than anything else. What do they hope to achieve?
(edited 8 years ago)

Totes with Student403 on this one - your posts always slay to the max! xD

Whereabouts in Germany are you?
If 'cunning' has been redefined to 'massively hypocritical as the petition is coming from the very same people who are outraged over the recent spate of sex crimes committed by migrants not solely because they're disgusting crimes but because they were committed against their women by foreigners yet they want to send a young woman into a camp of people they seem to believe are all rapists to 'teach her a lesson' or some bs like that' then yes, I'd agree.

I think you're missing the point. I don't think its to 'teach her a lesson', I doubt anyone believes she ever would go. What it does is points out the hypocrisy in what she's saying, in her multimillion pound home can she really have the same concerns about the number of refugees in the country as normal people? Would she be willing to live with these people? No, then why would we let them live with us?

For the record I think we should be doing more the help the refugees, I just don't agree with what you've said.

Hear hear.
Original post by dean01234
I think you're missing the point. I don't think its to 'teach her a lesson', I doubt anyone believes she ever would go. What it does is points out the hypocrisy in what she's saying, in her multimillion pound home can she really have the same concerns about the number of refugees in the country as normal people? Would she be willing to live with these people? No, then why would we let them live with us?

For the record I think we should be doing more the help the refugees, I just don't agree with what you've said.

But sending anyone who is recognisable and known to be wealthy to be surrounded by the poor and desperate without bodyguards is always going to be dangerous. Some celebrities don't go ANYWHERE without security, it doesn't mean her views are wrong, or brought about by overabundance of wealth, or that she's a hypocrite. It just means that the situation would be dangerous.

Any celebrity that makes some charitable visit of any form will generally have security with them.

Oh stfu.
Original post by balanced
http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/01/23/petition-feminist-migrant-activist-actress-emma-watson-spend-week-in-migrant-camp/As she is so sure that the migrants are lovely people, and that they are not rapists, a petition has been created for her to experience how they are as people, without bodyguards around.

Do you realize you are secretly wishing for some girl to be raped, and worse? I'd feel ashamed if I were you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending