The Student Room Group

Help I'm in year 11 and I have 4 months left till my GCSEs and I want mostly A's

Hello, I am in year 11 and I have my GCSE exams coming up and I would like some advice from any one on how to get these grades below:Maths- how can I get an A* in statistics coursework any person doing please give me advice( exam board Edxecel)English- I am doing igcse Cambridge extended reading paper and I was wondering how can I get an A/A*. My coursework is igcse as well how can I get an A/B for my writing to describe, how can I get an A/B for my respond and how can I get an A/B for my persuasive writing and speaking and listening.SCience- I'm doing cor and additional I how can I get an A* for my controlled assessment and A*/A* for exam( exam board OCRReligion- I'm doing citizenship and philosophy how can I get an A* exam board (Aqa)History- how can I get A/B in controlled assessment and A/B in exam ( exam board edexecel)Art- how can I get C/B I'm doing outlines exam board (AQA)I would really appreciate the advice as I want to be a doctor and I know you need mostly A/A* grades
For all the exams you mentioned all you need to do is do past papers you can get your hands on!

I know everyone says this, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific to you, but everyone says it for a reason- because it works.

At GCSE the same questions come up time and time again, so go through mark schemes and learn the model answers. When you finish a paper, mark it yourself and re-do any questions you got wrong. I write the question on one side of a cue card, and the answer on the other. Then I am learning the correct response, and I am creating a future revision tool- very productive haha.

As for controlled assessments and coursework, just listen to your teacher, do all the preparation you can and don't worry too much! You clearly have a good work ethic so that should hold you in good ground.

Good luck with your GCSEs. Hope you get your grades.
Original post by elena2710
For all the exams you mentioned all you need to do is do past papers you can get your hands on!

I know everyone says this, and I'm sorry I can't be more specific to you, but everyone says it for a reason- because it works.

At GCSE the same questions come up time and time again, so go through mark schemes and learn the model answers. When you finish a paper, mark it yourself and re-do any questions you got wrong. I write the question on one side of a cue card, and the answer on the other. Then I am learning the correct response, and I am creating a future revision tool- very productive haha.

As for controlled assessments and coursework, just listen to your teacher, do all the preparation you can and don't worry too much! You clearly have a good work ethic so that should hold you in good ground.

Good luck with your GCSEs. Hope you get your grades.

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest