The Student Room Group

Teenage girl 'made up' migrant rape claim that outraged Germany

Scroll to see replies

Original post by knapdarloch
Well how many convictions have there been?

This one did.

So you are basing your standard of proof against the number of convictions:biggrin:

Yes this one did we acknowledge that but is your argument really because of this one example all other examples must also be false?
Original post by al_94
Well it's not in my view the word has different meanings

What is your definition of the word whore?
Original post by BaconandSauce
So you are basing your standard of proof against the number of convictions:biggrin:

Well unless you've got a better way?

Yes this one did we acknowledge that but is your argument really because of this one example all other examples must also be false?

No, I don't believe I've said anything like that.
Personally I'm far more concerned about the rapes that don't get reported so as not to be un-PC.
Original post by The Epicurean
What is your definition of the word whore?

An unmarried girl ages 9 and above:biggrin:
Well unless you've got a better way?

No, I don't believe I've said anything like that.

Yes I tend to take the victims word after all given the number of rapes we know happen vs the number of prosecutions it would seem we have proof that the are hardly any happening

Your insinuations are clear for all to see
Original post by greatguy31
Disgusting word to use.

A thirteen-year-old girl has been called a 'racist whore', a 'slut' and a 'twisted bitch' in this thread. Whatever she's done, this language towards a pubescent girl is vile.
Yes I tend to take the victims word after all given the number of rapes we know happen vs the number of prosecutions it would seem we have proof that the are hardly any happening

So we should always believe rape and sexual assault accusations?

Your insinuations are clear for all to see

That this may not be an isolated case? Seems reasonable, no?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by al_94
Well it's not in my view the word has different meanings

Pathetic.

That this may not be an isolated case? Seems reasonable, no?

No not really

I can see why some would want this to be the case but no not a reasonable attitude at all.
No not really

Why not?

I can see why some would want this to be the case but no not a reasonable attitude at all.
Because a false rape accusation isn't as bad as if there really had been a rape?
Original post by Achaea
A thirteen-year-old girl has been called a 'racist whore', a 'slut' and a 'twisted bitch' in this thread. Whatever she's done, this language towards a pubescent girl is vile.

Nothing un justified about those titles, deserves everyone.
Why not?

Because a false rape accusation isn't as bad as if there really had been a rape?

Sorry I don't know how I can explain it to you why believing someone who has been sexuality assaulted until proven otherwise is the right stance to take.

I don't understand the last part of your post (you made a statement then added a question mark)
Original post by digistar_100
Nothing un justified about those titles, deserves everyone.

A thirteen-year-old girl with mental issues 'deserves' to be called a racist whore, a slut and a twisted bitch. I see you're as delightful as ever.
Sorry I don't know how I can explain it to you why believing someone who has been sexuality assaulted until proven otherwise is the right stance to take.
So we assume the accused is guilty until proven otherwise?
So we assume the accused is guilty until proven otherwise?

Ah no now you've moved the goal posts

We are talking about if it is right we believe a person who claim they have been sexually assaulted?

Do we believe them if they don't know their attacker apparently not according to you as we would not be able to prove someone did assault them

As I said I don't know how I can explain it to you why believing someone who has been sexuality assaulted until proven otherwise is the right stance to take.
Original post by Achaea
A thirteen-year-old girl with mental issues 'deserves' to be called a racist whore, a slut and a twisted bitch. I see you're as delightful as ever.

This is what I was wondering.

It's very easy to dehumanise her as a racist or a charlatan, but she could just as well be someone who suffers from mental illness.

In my opinion, those people who are going crazy calling for her blood, insulting her, might not be rapists or rape-apologists, but they sure are showing a level of empathy which makes me question whether they are peaceful civilised westerners or people who would better fit in with a society based on brutal vigilante justice and revenge.
Original post by Dick Diamonds
This is what I was wondering.

It's very easy to dehumanise her as a racist or a charlatan, but she could just as well be someone who suffers from mental illness.

In my opinion, those people who are going crazy calling for her blood, insulting her, might not be rapists or rape-apologists, but they sure are showing a level of empathy which makes me question whether they are peaceful civilised westerners or people who would better fit in with a society based on brutal vigilante justice and revenge.

I've seen far more howling rage and hateful abuse aimed at this pubescent girl in a few posts on this thread than I've ever seen aimed at the perpetrators of the recent mass rapes and assaults. I think this is extremely revealing.

We are talking about if it is right we believe a person who claim they have been sexually assaulted?
If we automatically believe any person claiming to have been sexually assaulted aren't we also assuming the guilt of anyone accused of it too?

As I said I don't know how I can explain it to you why believing someone who has been sexuality assaulted until proven otherwise is the right stance to take.

That's a shame.
If we automatically believe any person claiming to have been sexually assaulted aren't we also assuming the guilt of anyone accused of it too?

Not at all.

If someone tells you they have been assaulted the right thing to do is be there for that person, you're only assuming the guilt of another person if your first choice of action is to hunt someone down and commit an act of violence in revenge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending