The Student Room Group

why do most girls not like guys who may not have the best body

But may be humorous or learned or many other things? like why does body and body shape trump so much over cultivation of personal qualities?

Guys may be similar but so many girls claim not to be shallow while eh... most guys will kinda tell you we're looking at ur body.
Reply 1
How many girls did you survey to extrapolate you thoughts to 'most girls'? How many are you actually talking about?

Then again, 'girls' are immature; look around and see how many young men and young women of different shapes and sizes are in relationships.
Original post by Surnia
How many girls did you survey to extrapolate you thoughts to 'most girls'? How many are you actually talking about?

Then again, 'girls' are immature; look around and see how many young men and young women of different shapes and sizes are in relationships.

Hundreds. Most girls at my class were infatuated with the standard type of guy (of which there were few anyway - like 2-3?). Great body, OK/good face, arrogant/insensitive/rude, often bully type.
Original post by Surnia

Oh and I don't think it has to do with maturity. Such guys are popular among young adults in general 18-25?

I just happened to notice the crowd from my school for obvious reasons.

Look, guys are not "body positive" either. Girls however constantly moan about body shape "diversity" but rarely actually find fatter guys remotely attractive. It's just for virtue signalling, to signal how ''moral'' and ''nice'' they are. Like what you like but don't claim the high ground or lecture people about the words they use.
I don’t know any woman who is in a relationship with a guy who has a gym body.

Yes, younger people might fawn over the body types they see in the media, but in the real world most people don’t have the body of a fitness model.

When people grow up they tend to realise that a decent relationship takes a lot more than looking like a Men’s Health cover.
Original post by Anonymous
But may be humorous or learned or many other things? like why does body and body shape trump so much over cultivation of personal qualities?

Guys may be similar but so many girls claim not to be shallow while eh... most guys will kinda tell you we're looking at ur body.

Look you gotta be physically attractive for us girls to want to be with you
Original post by Miss Paige
Look you gotta be physically attractive for us girls to want to be with you

Tell that to hundreds of girls who give advice like
"be yourself"
"looks don't matter that much, dont worry about it"
"have you noticed how many unattractive guys date pretty girls" (ehhh...? no?)

etc
Tell that to hundreds of girls who give advice like
"be yourself"
"looks don't matter that much, dont worry about it"
"have you noticed how many unattractive guys date pretty girls" (ehhh...? no?)

etc

Looks kinda do matter
It’s a bit like asking “why do all teenage boys want girls with large breasts?”. Younger people tend to fixate on physical appearance because they’ve not been in enough relationships to know what are attractive qualities and dealbreakers. It’s an easy “oh, they’re nice” to hang your crush on.
Original post by Admit-One

Yes, younger people might fawn over the body types they see in the media, but in the real world most people don’t have the body of a fitness model.

When people grow up they tend to realise that a decent relationship takes a lot more than looking like a Men’s Health cover.

A few might but let's face it there are loads of girls on Apps in older age groups that just click on the gym bod guys. As a guy I've done a female profile briefly on Tinder to see the guts that come up, loads of gym bod guys on there and the occasional everyday looking dude. Guess who the women all click on? Hmmnn :u:
Hundreds. Most girls at my class were infatuated with the standard type of guy (of which there were few anyway - like 2-3?). Great body, OK/good face, arrogant/insensitive/rude, often bully type.

There you are, that's your answer. Most girls in your class.

Schoolgirls tend to be hopeless when it comes to most important things in life. Just as schoolboys are too. Because they've had no training and next to no experience in the important things in life. They've learnt about pythagoras and 1066. They haven't learnt about selecting romatic partners and how to keep them once you have one.

Take no notice of what a crowd of schoolgirls say about anything important.
Actually I'll take that back, take notice and adopt the opposite position of the consensus as a great general starting point.

When those girls (and boys) grow up, a proportion of them will remain empty headed.
A proportion of them will mature nicely. They will be your target audience.
Oh and I don't think it has to do with maturity. Such guys are popular among young adults in general 18-25?

I just happened to notice the crowd from my school for obvious reasons.

Look, guys are not "body positive" either. Girls however constantly moan about body shape "diversity" but rarely actually find fatter guys remotely attractive. It's just for virtue signalling, to signal how ''moral'' and ''nice'' they are. Like what you like but don't claim the high ground or lecture people about the words they use.

Exactly, the nice slim girl says that as she knows she will look good to the guys around. The overweight girl buys into the validation of the body positive/body diversity that the apparent nice slim girls states as it makes her feel better as she hears what she wants to. Meanwhile the apparent nice slim girl is quietly chuckling to herself as to how well she's come out of it all - smelling like roses - while knowing it bs as she knows most guys won't touch an overweight girl for the life of them. She knows she's set the overweight girl up with likely false hopes and her odds of scoring a guy aren't all that great if she stays the way she is, she's quite happy to see her flounder though and be internally laughing at it.

About a good decade or so back I was on another forum and this overweight guy from LA was asking why he couldn't score as an overweight guy. He put a pic up of himself and he was ok just a bit overweight. Anyhow this girl comes on and starts slating him for it. The argument rolled on until she put up a pic of herself, everyone said the same thing, she was more overweight than he was and yet she was slating him and saying she wouldn't go out with him for it. She could neither see that she was more overweight nor get why she was suffering from the same issue.

End of the day we are all superficial to sone extent some possibly more than other, possibly but all to sone extent at least. It's why we change the decor every so often as we have ideas as to what looks better or worse, whether to go with the new fashion or not. So if overweight time to get real. Sure someone may get with you down the line but it's a random gamble. The odds improve significantly if you're looking in shape, the more in shape you look the more women you attract, Tinder is social proof of that one.
I'm nonbinary not a girl...but my man may not have a model's body regardless of this I love him.
Reply 13
Because physical and sexual attraction are really important for an intimate relationship. A sexual relationship doesn't work if you don't find your partner physically attractive.

an in-shape body is often a sign that someone takes care of themselves, but of course it depends.
Reply 15
Original post by Admit-One

I think guys who go gym are pretty popular common and normal rn especially with my age. Like most guys I know go to gym. Guys build muscle way easier than women so if you go consistently for maybe a year you'll get pretty fit. It's really not that difficult tbh. I go to the gym myself and most guys there are fit.
Original post by akaeli
I think guys who go gym are pretty popular common and normal rn especially with my age. Like most guys I know go to gym. Guys build muscle way easier than women so if you go consistently for maybe a year you'll get pretty fit. It's really not that difficult tbh. I go to the gym myself and most guys there are fit.

it can be difficult if you have **** genes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending