The Student Room Group

Why am I so behind everyone else

I’m a 16 year old and I’ve never done anything, I’ve never had a crush on anyone, I’ve never kissed anyone, and I’ve never had sex and most of my peers have. My friend lost her virginity at 14 and I just feel so behind everyone else. I want to be in a relationship so badly but I have never been attracted to anyone and no one is ever attracted to me. Im a lesbian, and I know this because I only want relationships with girls. Straight dating culture where I live is so easy, you just snap a guy and it’s automatically assumed as flirting but as a lesbian I cannot do the same with girls it just would not work. Im really insecure about myself and maybe that could play a role in me not having a crush on anyone but I don’t know. Im so scared that I might be aromantic because I want a relationship more than anything, I would chop off my arm to be a normal teenager. A straight, secure, average attractive teenage girl. I literally can’t deal with it it hurts so much when my friends call me ‘virgin’ as a joke because I’m so scared it’s gonna stay that way for ages, I don’t want to be one of those people whose never held hands at 23 years old. Even my younger brother has a girlfriend. I just feel so left out from all of my peers who talk about sex and relationships, and I feel like I’ll never catch up with everyone and I’ll remain lonely for the rest of my life. It makes me cry knowing I’ll never have a normal teenage romance.
Original post by LeoVaLdEzzzz
I’m a 16 year old and I’ve never done anything, I’ve never had a crush on anyone, I’ve never kissed anyone, and I’ve never had sex and most of my peers have. My friend lost her virginity at 14 and I just feel so behind everyone else. I want to be in a relationship so badly but I have never been attracted to anyone and no one is ever attracted to me. Im a lesbian, and I know this because I only want relationships with girls. Straight dating culture where I live is so easy, you just snap a guy and it’s automatically assumed as flirting but as a lesbian I cannot do the same with girls it just would not work. Im really insecure about myself and maybe that could play a role in me not having a crush on anyone but I don’t know. Im so scared that I might be aromantic because I want a relationship more than anything, I would chop off my arm to be a normal teenager. A straight, secure, average attractive teenage girl. I literally can’t deal with it it hurts so much when my friends call me ‘virgin’ as a joke because I’m so scared it’s gonna stay that way for ages, I don’t want to be one of those people whose never held hands at 23 years old. Even my younger brother has a girlfriend. I just feel so left out from all of my peers who talk about sex and relationships, and I feel like I’ll never catch up with everyone and I’ll remain lonely for the rest of my life. It makes me cry knowing I’ll never have a normal teenage romance.

I feel the same way, there are many people the same as you. Losing your virginity at 14 isn't as big a flex. I'm sure you will find someone. And im sorry to say but i know many people who haven't had a teen romance before and now their in their 20s. I dont think thats a bad thing? There is someone out there for you so don't be sad about it. It may just take time for you two to find each other, romance can come at the most unexpected times. Life is always changing your direction, especially when you're young. Small things can alter everything. You shouldn't feel obliged to have a relationship just because everyone else is in one. I don't think there is such thing as a "normal teenager" unless your some sort of serial killer or anything like that. People are going to have different lives. Its not a bad thing to not be in a relationship. A lot of teen romances don't last, thats from my experience anyway. All I can tell you is live your life, go out with your friends and have fun and everything else will come naturally. You don’t know the future for yourself. :wink:
Everyone has unique life experience, decisions made out of impatience are likely bad.
Original post by LeoVaLdEzzzz

Listen. I’m 18 and I’m in the exact same position as you. Although, it doesn’t really bother me. Sometimes I wish I was straight so dating would be more easier for me. I’m bisexual, with an obvious lean towards girls. I’ve talked to people online, tried to do LDR with people in diff counties because there was no one in my area. But it all kind of didn’t work out, so now I’m just focusing on studies and getting ready for A-Levels and University. I know it’s lonely sometimes, but you just have to focus on the end goal. Relationships aren’t the most important things in life. Took me a long time to get that, but it’s true. It’s fine to be a virgin, and you don’t have to just lose it to anyone. It’s a special thing that shouldn’t be rushed. If you try looking for someone to date, you won’t find the one as cheesy as it sounds. Focus on yourself, look after yourself and keep going. Someone will come to you, even if it’s a few years away. Don’t feel peer pressured into dating someone you don’t like.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending