The Student Room Group

Zoology 2016 Offers

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Original post by yayitsrosie
Hull is much higher in the biological science league tables compared to Anglia Ruskin so academically that might be the better option for you. In terms of student life and location Hull seems to be near to the sea/rivers where as Anglia Ruskin looks as if it's in the middle of nowhere - but ultimately it comes down to where you feel most comfortable

in that case Hull might be better academic wise as you said and i guess trips to the sea would be nice aha. Thanks for helping
Original post by Maxvo2
in that case Hull might be better academic wise as you said and i guess trips to the sea would be nice aha. Thanks for helping

No problem! And if you can try and visit to get the feel of which you prefer!!
Original post by hms30
Congratulations! I had a missed call today but they didn't leave a message so I'm guessing it's not Exeter... I hope I'll get an offer soon too 😂

If it's a 01326 number then it might be? I'm sure you will, don't worry!!
Reply 243
Original post by TomC_97
Yeah that would make sense. Good luck with yours! Let me know if it's completely different to what we thought haha

Thank you! I really hope it's not completely different... haha. But yeah I'll post on here how it goes! :smile:
Reply 244
Original post by egilford
If it's a 01326 number then it might be? I'm sure you will, don't worry!!

I got an email today saying I didn't get onto the year abroad course but that I would be accepted onto the three year BSc 😀 I'm just happy to finally get a reply. 😂
Hi everyone!:tongue:
I'm new to TSR and I'm really sorry if this thread isn't the right place for asking such questions, but may I ask if anyone here didn't take Chemistry in secondary/high school?
I'm currently doing my first year of IB and I've pretty much set my heart on studying Zoology but I can't help feeling really worried because of the subjects I'm taking.
The subjects I take are
Biology HL
Geography HL
English A HL
Chinese A SL
Math SL
Economics SL
I understand that quite a few universities require Chemistry, which does limit my choices. I just hope that I'll still be able to get into universities such as Bristol or Nottingham with my subject combinations. Anyone here doing similar subjects?
I'm so eager to study Zoology and I've done a decent amount of volunteering already so I really hope not taking Chemistry won't be too much of a disadvantage!
Sorry again if this isn't the best place to ask!:s-smilie:
Original post by JessicaApple
I'm new to TSR and I'm really sorry if this thread isn't the right place for asking such questions, but may I ask if anyone here didn't take Chemistry in secondary/high school?
I'm currently doing my first year of IB and I've pretty much set my heart on studying Zoology but I can't help feeling really worried because of the subjects I'm taking.
The subjects I take are
Biology HL
Geography HL
English A HL
Chinese A SL
Math SL
Economics SL
I understand that quite a few universities require Chemistry, which does limit my choices. I just hope that I'll still be able to get into universities such as Bristol or Nottingham with my subject combinations. Anyone here doing similar subjects?
I'm so eager to study Zoology and I've done a decent amount of volunteering already so I really hope not taking Chemistry won't be too much of a disadvantage!

I didn't do chemistry at GCSE or A level and have offers from Bristol and Nottingham :smile:
Original post by auroraborealice
I didn't do chemistry at GCSE or A level and have offers from Bristol and Nottingham :smile:

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that!:tongue: Did you take any other "hard" sciences like Physics or Math?
The subjects I take are
Biology HL
Geography HL
English A HL
Chinese A SL
Math SL
Economics SL

Yeah, you'll be fine. I didn't take chemistry and have an offer from Bristol. Biology is the main one, so you dont have to worry 😊
Original post by TomC_97
Yeah, you'll be fine. I didn't take chemistry and have an offer from Bristol. Biology is the main one, so you dont have to worry 😊

Thanks! That's very reassuring:h:
Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that!:tongue: Did you take any other "hard" sciences like Physics or Math?

Thanks! I did Physics at GCSE but for A level, only Biology (along with Geography and Psychology)
The subjects I take are
Biology HL
Geography HL
English A HL
Chinese A SL
Math SL
Economics SL

Having had a brief look at the entry requirements they don't seem to have changed much since I applied. I did biology geography and psychology at Alevel with AS maths and got offers from everywhere I applied (Bristol, Durham, Nottingham, Newcastle and Leeds). Not doing chemistry shouldn't be an issue, although some uni's require you do a catch up module in chemistry in your first year if you don't have it at A level.
Is anyone going to firm Southampton for zoology 2016? :biggrin:
any one heard from liverpool uni? :h:
Just got an offer from Anglia Ruskin! So happy! They're one of my top choices :h:
Now just waiting to hear back from my last two choices and then I can make a decision.
The subjects I take are
Biology HL
Geography HL
English A HL
Chinese A SL
Math SL
Economics SL

I took Chemistry at AS-Level and failed it, but dropped it at for A2 and I've got all 5 of my offers so it didn't seem to matter. You should be fine as long as the unis don't specifically ask for chemistry? If they ask for another related science subject some will take your Geography or Maths 😊
Original post by Nicoley-oley
Just got an offer from Anglia Ruskin! So happy! They're one of my top choices :h:
Now just waiting to hear back from my last two choices and then I can make a decision.

Congratulations!! Which two are you still waiting on?
Original post by hms30
I got an email today saying I didn't get onto the year abroad course but that I would be accepted onto the three year BSc 😀 I'm just happy to finally get a reply. 😂

Yay! I've got an offer for the 3 year BSc too!! Apparently it's quite easy to move across the courses once you start the 2nd year so hopefully we'll be able to do that! Is Exeter your top choice?
Reply 258
Original post by egilford
Yay! I've got an offer for the 3 year BSc too!! Apparently it's quite easy to move across the courses once you start the 2nd year so hopefully we'll be able to do that! Is Exeter your top choice?

Yay congratulations! I don't think Exeter will be my top choice, I think I prefer Sheffield but it's good to know that I could move courses if I went there 😄
Original post by BethMay17
Is anyone going to firm Southampton for zoology 2016? :biggrin:

I think I will - I'm going down to Southampton tomorrow for the applicant day so just hope it makes me feel confident about my decision. Otherwise I'd take my unconditional from Birmingham or maybe think about firming Liverpool 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending