The Student Room Group

The number of students who have never been tested for STIs is alarming

We asked you guys in a survey about your sexual health and experiences.

The research found that 53% of sexually active students have never been tested for STIs and 63% of you said you're having unprotected sex.

The research has been covered in the press here;
Read The Independent article here
Read The Metro article here

So, what do you think? Do you take your sexual health seriously? :cookie:
Interesting... Well I know when I'm ready I'm definitely staying safe. :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by MarleyZ

The research found that 53% of sexually active students have never been tested for STIs and 63% of you said you're having unprotected sex.

I guess not long until #herpes and #chlamydia are trending on TSR.
Reply 3
Is there a source for this survey?

Are we sure that it isn't just that the average TSR user either isn't getting any, or they're in a committed relationship with them/their partner on birth control?
Reply 4
Original post by Satanas
I guess not long until #herpes and #chlamydia are trending on TSR.

better that then #hiv :s-smilie:
Original post by MarleyZ

Sexual health is important, as a 31 year old I can't tell you how many times I've heard of someone catching something or having an abortion.

Lots of things can't be got rid of and are on the rise like genital warts (they don't always even show) so basically wrap up, take a test once a year it only takes a few minutes and select your partners as wisely as you can (easier said than done)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll confess to being one of those 53%. purely because of this inability to get over this petty discomfort in taking the test. In hindsight, it's great but you think you'll never contract anything when you could well do.
Reply 7
Original post by MarleyZ

I actually think these are amazing numbers. 47% of students have been tested? I'd be surprised if 10% of students in my day ever got tested and back then HIV was a death sentence.

63% having unprotected sex is not necessarily a troubling number. How much of that is unprotected sex between long term partners and how much is on a one night stand? Big difference.
Reply 8
Original post by paul514
Lots of things can't be got rid of and are on the rise like genital warts (they don't always even show) so basically wrap up, take a test once a year it only takes a few minutes and select your partners as wisely as you can (easier said than done)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Especially when you're wearing beer goggles.
Reply 9
No need for me to be worried. I'm a virgin

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending