The Student Room Group

Wasp infestation in my accom from hell

I am done with my God awful accommodation. Firstly, over the past 2 years I’ve had a huge silverfish infestation- silverfish are a given when it comes to student accommodation but infestation was so bad they were in my toilet bowl- how did they even get in there? An exterminator came and said they will keep coming back due to a leak in the roof which was never fixed. Then we had a fruit fly infestation- IN THE MIDDLE OF WINTER?! and it wasn’t like our flat was dirty- and WE HAVE NO WINDOWS in the kitchen?! We had the fire alarm go off 5 times in a row- 30 secs between each 30 min interval as the alarm was broken, and this happened multiple times last year and happened this year as well (it wasn’t even due to smoking or burning toast, the alarms are just faulty, which is concerning).

We had no heating, and got temporary heaters GIVEN TO US which caused a power cut- and now we have heaters that are locked so we can’t actually turn them on properly.

All of this was mildly annoying but now, there are dead wasps in my room- they are coming out of hibernation, coming into my room flying around, and dying. I almost stepped on one. I have never been stung but everyone in my family is allergic so I am very scared.
who is your landlord?

Have you documented the issues?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending