The Student Room Group

Mega A Level Maths Thread - Mark V

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TeeEm
Go and do my Special papers ...

Some of the Qs are AEA standards, arent they?
Reply 181
Original post by GeologyMaths
Some of the Qs are AEA standards, arent they?

they are very hard indeed, but I heard you say that you are not challenged enough ...
Original post by TeeEm
they are very hard indeed, but I heard you say that you are not challenged enough ...

I mean that most of the Qs on your SPs are AEA standards. I was talking about C3/4 material. Still yet, your SPs are very easy considering they are meant to be 'special'.
Reply 183
Original post by GeologyMaths
I mean that most of the Qs on your SPs are AEA standards. I was talking about C3/4 material. Still yet, your SPs are very easy considering they are meant to be 'special'.

naturally are very easy ...
Original post by Duke Glacia
that chapter took me a long time and i think @Gome44 might be able to give u some amazing tips but just understand the example questions and do tons of practice(work out the revision exercise after finishing the chapter). I didnt use any external resource (would have scored higher if i did).But i heard lewin has some nice lectures on realtive motion. gd luck

Original post by Student403
Oooh I loved Lewin - shame what happened to him. Thanks a lot for the help :biggrin:

And thank you in advance Gome44 if you have any tips :redface:

My only advice would be to draw a huge diagram, like half a page so you don't confuse yourself with angles flying all over the place. Also, if the angles are simple (45, 60, 30 etc), then i would just use i and j components, it is a lot easier.

Other then that just do a load of questions, it is by far the hardest thing in M4 and probably Edexcel level maths
Hey guys, hope you're all doing splendid! Just came quickly to join this thread lol don't mind me.
Original post by Cherry82
Hey guys, hope you're all doing splendid! Just came quickly to join this thread lol don't mind me.

welcome! :biggrin:
Original post by Gome44
My only advice would be to draw a huge diagram, like half a page so you don't confuse yourself with angles flying all over the place. Also, if the angles are simple (45, 60, 30 etc), then i would just use i and j components, it is a lot easier.

Other then that just do a load of questions, it is by far the hardest thing in M4 and probably Edexcel level maths

Thank you very much for the tips :smile: I'll try the diagram one out - I do agree, sometimes mine look very overcrowded because I'm naturally someone who draws tiny diagrams
I'm naturally someone who draws tiny diagrams

Preach
I'm naturally someone who draws tiny diagrams

same. I have teeny tiny handwriting for such a large person :redface: really ****s you up in M2/3 statics and such.
Original post by Zacken
Preach

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
same. I have teeny tiny handwriting for such a large person :redface: really ****s you up in M2/3 statics and such.

Nice to know that I'm in good company :biggrin:

Haha I'm quite an average sized person but yeah - I think that was one of my downfalls in M1. Time to change that!
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
for such a large person :redface: really ****s you up in M2/3 statics and such.

I'm quite an average sized person

I'm not going to make a penis size joke, I'm not going to make a penis size joke, I'm not going to make a penis size joke. :teehee:
Original post by Zacken
I'm not going to make a penis size joke, I'm not going to make a penis size joke, I'm not going to make a penis size joke. :teehee:

I KNEW THERE WOULD BE SOMEONE

:rofl:
I KNEW THERE WOULD BE SOMEONE

:rofl:

That's always me. :rofl:

Back to being a mature seventeen year old now... :lol:
Original post by Zacken
That's always me. :rofl:

Back to being a mature seventeen year old now... :lol:

Speaking of which..

When's your birthday? :biggrin:
Speaking of which..

When's your birthday? :biggrin:

June 30th. :'(
Original post by Zacken
June 30th. :'(

Ahhh right after exams :biggrin: (My last is the 29th - wbu?)
Ahhh right after exams :biggrin: (My last is the 29th - wbu?)

Think it might be 28th or so iirc. :biggrin:
Original post by Zacken
Think it might be 28th or so iirc. :biggrin:

Be thankful it isn't on the 28th then :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending