The Student Room Group

Mega A Level Maths Thread - Mark V

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Nice to know that I'm in good company :biggrin:

Haha I'm quite an average sized person but yeah - I think that was one of my downfalls in M1. Time to change that!

please, you have M2-5 in the bag.

Original post by Zacken
I'm not going to make a penis size joke, I'm not going to make a penis size joke, I'm not going to make a penis size joke. :teehee:

I derived your mom last night. It was f prime. :bhangra:

Spoiler

Ahhh right after exams :biggrin: (My last is the 29th - wbu?)

PHYSICS 5 GAH.

oh, btw, happy birthday! you never told us it was your birthday on the 14th. :redface:
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
please, you have M2-5 in the bag.

I derived your mom last night. It was f prime. :bhangra:

Spoiler

PHYSICS 5 GAH.

oh, btw, happy birthday! you never told us it was your birthday on the 14th. :redface:

That was a good one :giggle:

Yeah Unit 5 :biggrin: @Zacken are you sure it isn't the 29th for you too?

And thanks a lot :biggrin: Sorry xD
That was a good one :giggle:

Yeah Unit 5 :biggrin: @Zacken are you sure it isn't the 29th for you too?

And thanks a lot :biggrin: Sorry xD

Pretty sure Unit 5 is on the 28th. :hmmmm2: Either way, it's a week I'm pretty ****ed for - FP3, S2 and Unit 5 in the span of 24 hours... I'll need to secure my A* in FM with my earlier exams to be confident walking into my FP3/S2 clash :redface:
Pretty sure Unit 5 is on the 28th. :hmmmm2: Either way, it's a week I'm pretty ****ed for - FP3, S2 and Unit 5 in the span of 24 hours... I'll need to secure my A* in FM with my earlier exams to be confident walking into my FP3/S2 clash :redface:

Oohh that's it - FP3/S2 on the 29th, is it?

I knew Unit 5, FP3 and S2 were in 2 days
Oohh that's it - FP3/S2 on the 29th, is it?

I knew Unit 5, FP3 and S2 were in 2 days

I think it's on the 27th.
Zacken finished S2 so he wont suffer with us 😒
I think it's on the 27th.
Zacken finished S2 so he wont suffer with us 😒

Ahh nice :biggrin:
Ahh nice :biggrin:

Ah nvm then, I'll have F3 with you guys on the 29th? (we're all doing IAL, right?)
Original post by Zacken
Ah nvm then, I'll have F3 with you guys on the 29th? (we're all doing IAL, right?)

I do normal AL but the exam dates are the same I believe
Hope you guys don't mind if I join ... well intrude on... this thread :h:

Just a couple of questions: IAL is harder than normal AL, right? And which exam board would you say has the most challenging questions? - the most challenging questions for the pure modules that is, I'm not a fan of the applied stuff like you guys seem to be haha.
Original post by RoseGatz

Just a couple of questions: IAL is harder than normal AL, right? And which exam board would you say has the most challenging questions? - the most challenging questions for the pure modules that is, I'm not a fan of the applied stuff like you guys seem to be haha.

First off, welcome to the Mega A level Maths thread! :biggrin: You're not intruding :h:

Being an IAL-er myself I would not say that it is "harder", but the quality of students giving the exams is better generally. It is the same specification and there have been UK papers more difficult than IAL ones.

You'll meet plenty of purists here, don't worry about that. I think you could try STEP for challenging pure, though. A-level papers only usually have 1 or 2 really challenging questions with the rest being easier marks. That being said, OCR, MEI and CIE are usually seen as the "hard" boards.

Welcome to the thread!
Original post by Zacken

No, you are the only one that does IAL.
Original post by GeologyMaths
No, you are the only one that does IAL.

Ah, yes - I forgot that Edexcel runs an entire examining board for only one person.

Spoiler

Original post by Zacken
Ah, yes - I forgot that Edexcel runs an entire examining board for only one person.

Spoiler

Says the person that google search solutions to integrands i post on TSR..And your face is so awkward, i'd laugh at it if you walked past me in real life
Says the person that google search solutions to integrands i post on TSR..And your face is so awkward, i'd laugh at it if you walked past me in real life

Shame you can't post your own picture yet you think you can talk to others about theirs

Those would be integrals not integrands. Also, your integrals are just horrible trolling attempts because they don't even have elementary anti derivatives.
Original post by Zacken
Those would be integrals not integrands. Also, your integrals are just horrible trolling attempts because they don't even have elementary anti derivatives.

Ok
Shame you can't post your own picture yet you think you can talk to others about theirs

Ok spiderman
First off, welcome to the Mega A level Maths thread! :biggrin: You're not intruding :h:

Being an IAL-er myself I would not say that it is "harder", but the quality of students giving the exams is better generally. It is the same specification and there have been UK papers more difficult than IAL ones.

You'll meet plenty of purists here, don't worry about that. I think you could try STEP for challenging pure, though. A-level papers only usually have 1 or 2 really challenging questions with the rest being easier marks. That being said, OCR, MEI and CIE are usually seen as the "hard" boards.

Haha, the quality of students definitely varies! Whereabouts in the world are you sitting your exams?

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of purists, you guys all seem to be doing M3, M4, S3 etc - I'm just sticking to the basics with good old M1-2 and S1-2. How do you even find the time to do all the extra units?! Plus you all seem to be guys, please correct me if I'm wrong. I literally just started my prep for STEP 1 a couple of weeks ago so I've got that covered too. Unfortunately I'm covering one of the "soft" exam boards so it's a good job I've been doing OCR papers.
Haha, the quality of students definitely varies! Whereabouts in the world are you sitting your exams?

Doesn't seem like there's a lot of purists, you guys all seem to be doing M3, M4, S3 etc - I'm just sticking to the basics with good old M1-2 and S1-2. How do you even find the time to do all the extra units?! Plus you all seem to be guys, please correct me if I'm wrong. I literally just started my prep for STEP 1 a couple of weeks ago so I've got that covered too. Unfortunately I'm covering one of the "soft" exam boards so it's a good job I've been doing OCR papers.

Reason we're doing the M3/S3+ is because we exhausted all the pure modules :awesome: We all do/have done C1-4 + FP1-3

Actually going off my AS results, I'd definitely appear to be a purist on paper

For the time, I just do it as a hobby alongside a game I'm afking or in my study periods. I tend to work quite quickly but the most important thing is to ensure you understand everything!

No doubt there is an uneven gender ratio in FM/AFM, but there's not much we can do - and hopefully it shouldn't make a difference to snything :yep:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending