The Student Room Group

Chemistry A LEVEL OCR HELP

Hi. I'm an a2 student studying chemistry OCR. However I am resitting f321 and f322 this year too. I got a D last year. My ISA l(f323) result from last year is at grade C. Just wondering if it is still possible for me to get B or A this year overall?
Well if you're resitting F321 and F322, and you've yet to do A2 even without including the UMS from your ISA you'd have a maximum of 540 UMS to gain which would be an A*, not saying this is likely but you're practically doing 2 years of A Level in one year, the ISA you have from last year is almost insignificant relative to the rest.

Now, if you include the ISA, which I am not sure how many UMS you received but the minimum is 36 for a C, meaning your maximum total UMS would be 564.

A B overall would be 420 UMS, meaning you'd need a total of 384 UMS in A2 and your resits.
Reply 2
Original post by Dinasaurus
Well if you're resitting F321 and F322, and you've yet to do A2 even without including the UMS from your ISA you'd have a maximum of 540 UMS to gain which would be an A*, not saying this is likely but you're practically doing 2 years of A Level in one year, the ISA you have from last year is almost insignificant relative to the rest.

Now, if you include the ISA, which I am not sure how many UMS you received but the minimum is 36 for a C, meaning your maximum total UMS would be 564.

A B overall would be 420 UMS, meaning you'd need a total of 384 UMS in A2 and your resits.

Thank you for the reply. I'm really confused with all the UMS talk. But I seem to think you're trying to say it is possible or am I wrong?
Original post by saira123x
Thank you for the reply. I'm really confused with all the UMS talk. But I seem to think you're trying to say it is possible or am I wrong?

Basically it is very possible, if you're resitting F321 and F322, the only concrete grade you have already is your ISA grade, which is only worth 10% of the whole A level. Your results are very much open to anything as you have 90% of the marks left to try and acquire.
Reply 4
Okay that's made me very hopeful now thank you. I was aiming for an A originally but I was worried my AS ISA might stop me. Are you an A level chemistry student too?
(edited 8 years ago)
Okay that's made me very hopeful now thank you. I was aiming for an A originally but I was worried my AS ISA might stop me. Are you an A level chemistry student too?

No worries, good luck.

Yes I am also doing Chemistry OCR.
Reply 6
Basically it is very possible, if you're resitting F321 and F322, the only concrete grade you have already is your ISA grade, which is only worth 10% of the whole A level. Your results are very much open to anything as you have 90% of the marks left to try and acquire.

Have replied underneath
Reply 7
No worries, good luck.

Yes I am also doing Chemistry OCR.

Good luck to you too. Have you done any A2 ISAS? Luckily I'm doing much better on my ISAS this year
Good luck to you too. Have you done any A2 ISAS? Luckily I'm doing much better on my ISAS this year

I'm resitting A2 from home, so I'm not doing my ISAs any more, I only managed C in my ISA last year however.
Reply 9
I'm resitting A2 from home, so I'm not doing my ISAs any more, I only managed C in my ISA last year however.

Oh right you're on gap year then? What grade did you get last year and what you hoping for this year? Have you got any tips for me
Oh right you're on gap year then? What grade did you get last year and what you hoping for this year? Have you got any tips for me

I went from a C at AS, to a D overall. I'm hoping for either a C or a B depending on my last offer.

I did too poorly to really warrant giving advice, I'd say try and at least do well in F321 as even I managed an A on that but my other grades were far worse.
Reply 11
I went from a C at AS, to a D overall. I'm hoping for either a C or a B depending on my last offer.

I did too poorly to really warrant giving advice, I'd say try and at least do well in F321 as even I managed an A on that but my other grades were far worse.

Thank you .. Good luck

Quick Reply

Latest