The Student Room Group

Are histograms more likely to be on the calculator or non-calculator paper?

I was doing a topic based paper on histograms and it said you could use a calculator however, I've heard stuff like histograms are more likely to be on a non calculator paper. Could really do with some clarification :smile:
Reply 1
If a histogram appeared on a non-calculator (which they could), the frequency density calculations would be straightforward. You did not say which board but I think I have seen them on Edexcel Higher non-calculator.

There is one in June 13. It appears that a Cumulative frequency is almost certain but on the evidence Histograms are much rarer. (In Paper 1)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nerak99
If a histogram appeared on a non-calculator (which they could), the frequency density calculations would be straightforward. You did not say which board but I think I have seen them on Edexcel Higher non-calculator.

Thank you for replying, my exam board if Edexcel.
Reply 3
Original post by rebeccamaria
I was doing a topic based paper on histograms and it said you could use a calculator however, I've heard stuff like histograms are more likely to be on a non calculator paper. Could really do with some clarification :smile:

more likely on a calculator paper
Original post by TeeEm
more likely on a calculator paper

Thank you so much!
Reply 5
Original post by rebeccamaria
Thank you so much!

my pleasure
is there any chance it will be on the calculator paper tho?

Quick Reply

Latest