The Student Room Group

Should I learn more than what's in the specification?

I know this may sound stupid, but basically...
I am currently making notes for Add. Science and I look at both the textbook and the specification. Sometimes though, my revision guide adds stuff that isn't in the specification, so my question basically is: Is it better to either only remember and learn what's in the specification really well (and skip over anything that isn't included) or is it better to try and learn the additional content in the revision guide as well as the main points in the specification?
Original post by Jor64
I know this may sound stupid, but basically...
I am currently making notes for Add. Science and I look at both the textbook and the specification. Sometimes though, my revision guide adds stuff that isn't in the specification, so my question basically is: Is it better to either only remember and learn what's in the specification really well (and skip over anything that isn't included) or is it better to try and learn the additional content in the revision guide as well as the main points in the specification?

I'd say go for just what's in the specification. Is your revision guide specifically for your exam board? If it is, then yes if you think it's going to help you in the final exams.

If it isn't, you probably don't need to know it and would be better spending the time learning what's included in the specification. Exam boards can't ask you anything that's not in the specification.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending