The Student Room Group

The big four - degrees from other universities

If I don't go to a top uni is there still a chance of getting a graduate position with one of the big four accountancy firms
Reply 1
The Big 4 are not so selective in their recruitment process in terms of university name. For the majority of their programmes at least.
Reply 2
The process is far more important than the uni name. They also don't have as big a focus on UCAS points, have a look at EY and PWCs sites
Reply 3
Original post by happ
The process is far more important than the uni name. They also don't have as big a focus on UCAS points, have a look at EY and PWCs sites

Deloitte & KPMG still do.
Reply 4
Original post by KTS89
Deloitte & KPMG still do.

yeah thats why i said look at the PWC and EY sites :wink:
Original post by Jism1495
If I don't go to a top uni is there still a chance of getting a graduate position with one of the big four accountancy firms

The big four hire 1k+ students each, they can't afford to be as selective as i-banks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes, so long as you have a 2:1 or a 1st you should be fine, unless you are going to London Metropolitan or something.
Original post by popcornjpg
Yes, so long as you have a 2:1 or a 1st you should be fine, unless you are going to London Metropolitan or something.

EY dropped their 2.1 requirement from a lot of their programmes and even PWC have ways around it.

People from my job have gone on to the big 4 and some of them were from the likes of Reading, UWE, Essex etc.
Original post by The_Wayfarer
Sorry to drop in on the thread but do you have a recommendation for myself. I have a 2.1 in BSc Economics from University of Central Lancashire and no UCAS points (went into uni through foundation entry). I'm in a situation where I don't know who I could apply for with real expectations.

I honestly don't know mate, I'm only in Year 12. Just repeating the things that representatives have told me from careers fairs and my own research. I know that most have UCAS points requirements but perhaps you can get around it.
Original post by The_Wayfarer
Sorry to drop in on the thread but do you have a recommendation for myself. I have a 2.1 in BSc Economics from University of Central Lancashire and no UCAS points (went into uni through foundation entry). I'm in a situation where I don't know who I could apply for with real expectations.

Don't let that stop you, they'll have processes in place. Maybe email them and see what criteria they'd accept?
You can apply for EY - should be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending