The Student Room Group

Engineer came round to fix the boiler

and he seemed like a nice enough lad, I was just happy he was here to fix the boiler.

First he asked me if I was mixed raced which is completely silly as I am white (very very white) he asked me if I was mixed with Chinese as he said I have Chinese eyes :s-smilie: ok then mate.

He then asked me what my hair felt like to which was awkward and a pretty weird thing to ask so at that point I left the kitchen.......

He was finished so he came into the front room to tell me so, he said ''I like your sofa and especially the big bit in the corner '' he then said ''I'll have to come back next Tuesday for an hour or 2 to fit a new part he has to order it and what am I cooking him for tea on Tuesday'' he then winked at me.

Am I weird to think he was trying to chat me up and he meant he liked the big corner bit of the sofa because he thought it looked good to have a bang on? or am I deluded and just think everyone is trying to chat me up?

Scroll to see replies

Some of those questions were definitely out of the ordinary. I'd have a male friend or relative as company when he comes back, just for reassurance.
I'm sure I have watched this before...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If he was trying to hit on you, his pick up game needs some serious work :rofl:
He said if he can touch your hair and later winked at you. I'm pretty much the most oblivious guy alive but yeah, he's flirting.
Reply 6
Original post by WoodyMKC
If he was trying to hit on you, his pick up game needs some serious work :rofl:

'umm nice couch innit'
Original post by whorace
'umm nice couch innit'

'Cooooorr dat looks comfy, I hope ur bed is as well!'
Reply 8
'Cooooorr dat looks comfy, I hope ur bed is as well!'

'Coooorr working as an engineer get to put me hands on all sorts of nasty stuff :tongue:'
Original post by whorace
'Coooorr working as an engineer get to put me hands on all sorts of nasty stuff :tongue:'

'Do u wanna have a go on my wrench an make my nuts tighten?'
Reply 10
Thanks guys so much for the advice.

I can't wait till next Tuesday :u:
Reply 11
'Do u wanna have a go on my wrench an make my nuts tighten?'

This guys actually a genius, he uses his weak game to make them spend the day thinking 'DID he really just flirt with me?', and then next time he comes back he waits for them to make the move, that way he can't get fired for harassment.
Original post by Reeeeyah
Thanks guys so much for the advice.

I can't wait till next Tuesday :u:

You didn't think I'll see this didn't you? Your couch was really a beauty.
I've watched far too much pron to know what happens next...

He then asked me what my hair felt like to which was awkward and a pretty weird thing to ask so at that point I left the kitchen.......

This isn't related to your question but the hair bit reminded me of this:
When I was 12 and the carpet cleaner man was there, he was talking to me, just asking questions about what I wanted to do when I grew up and normal questions like that. But then when were stood in the kitchen, he looked at my hair and when I turned he started touching it and stroking my head, then he squeezed the back of my neck. I was full on creeped out, luckily he stopped there and went to the other room.
what the actual f*ck
Reply 16
Original post by Eternalflames
When I was 12 and the carpet cleaner man was there, he was talking to me, just asking questions about what I wanted to do when I grew up and normal questions like that. But then when were stood in the kitchen, he looked at my hair and when I turned he started touching it and stroking my head, then he squeezed the back of my neck. I was full on creeped out, luckily he stopped there and went to the other room.

That's worse than being told you remind them of Madeleine Mccann
Original post by whorace
This guys actually a genius, he uses his weak game to make them spend the day thinking 'DID he really just flirt with me?', and then next time he comes back he waits for them to make the move, that way he can't get fired for harassment.

Whole new level of playing the 'game'. It could backfire of course, but we all know how girls go mad for guys they can't quite read :lol:
and he seemed like a nice enough lad, I was just happy he was here to fix the boiler.

First he asked me if I was mixed raced which is completely silly as I am white (very very white) he asked me if I was mixed with Chinese as he said I have Chinese eyes :s-smilie: ok then mate.

He was finished so he came into the front room to tell me so, he said ''I like your sofa and especially the big bit in the corner '' he then said ''I'll have to come back next Tuesday for an hour or 2 to fit a new part he has to order it and what am I cooking him for tea on Tuesday'' he then winked at me.

Am I weird to think he was trying to chat me up and he meant he liked the big corner bit of the sofa because he thought it looked good to have a bang on? or am I deluded and just think everyone is trying to chat me up?

Next week on:

"Things that never really happened....."
Reply 19
Original post by Eternalflames

That is actually creepy as **** much worse than boiler man! I hope you reported the creep!

Original post by apronedsamurai
Next week on:

"Things that never really happened....."

If I was going to lie about something I think id make it a bit more exciting than this......

Quick Reply

Latest