The Student Room Group

can i do higher-maths later?

Hey, i am currently in yr10 and next year i will be sitting for my igcses, i am placed in foundation maths and i dont think i deserve to be in it, i do have a chance to somehow get to higher maths if i argue well enough but lets say if i fail to go to higher math, is there anyway for me to do higher maths and get maths for a-levels then? when i resit an exam does that mean i have to stay back in yr10 (lets say i got good grades in every other subject which i think is most likely the case and the only issue is that i am in foundation maths so i cannot further my maths)
I am planning to be a computer engineer or a programmer and i've heard there's alot of math required and i think the best possible case is to get a-levels in maths
(pardon my bad english i kinda rushed this)
Reply 1
I had the same problem where for some reason even though I was getting max marks at foundation I wasn’t moved up to higher, it wasn’t until we had a new teacher come in who came in and put me up but tbh I think your best bet is taking with your head of maths and as what you need to do to get up to higher. With end of year exams round the corner it a great opportunity to prove to them that you can do it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest