The Student Room Group

Ever wonder how strong a African lion is:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gwilym101
I am washing my hands of you because you are either a troll or an idiot but there is one thing I thought I really should address because this is what makes me think you're a troll.

Now I never said the "across the river", I said "across the bank of the water", if you had a basic understanding of grammar and a dictionary you'd know the bank is the edge of the water. If you run across it, you're running along the edge of the water.

Ha ha ha, yeah because instead of making a point, you are now flip flopping on your contradictions, it doesnt matter where the animal is, on the bank, on the edge, in the middle, right, left, above, under, if you used the word across, that means the animal is trying to get to the opposite side that they are from, hence, you are the idiot who stated it.

To summarise you have no understanding of animal behaviour on any level, a fleeting understanding of grammar, you deliberately misinterpret what I say, know nothing of the scientific process as evidenced by using anecdotal evidence at best, you think name dropping people more informed than you helps your argument and fail to present any actual counter arguments that make any form of coherent or logical sense. I am done wasting my time correcting you, if you'd like to learn even the basics of animal behaviour, there are plenty of courses you could take.

Nah I understand just fine, I rather read and review some of the most iconic, well known and well esteemed scientist of the biology world with there entire life as ecologist, biologist and zoologist, dont see how being a fieldsmen is gona allow me to see what they all saw combined, some fields men in the bush or the jungle go their whole lives without a single extravagant scene witness...hence your entire retort is just as baseless as your claim you went to those academia schools...

an....Good wash your hands an stay out, because you cant even bring forth a single shred of evidence that you worked with these animals, your main retort lies more on the subjective, a single word... across...more so than you ever made a valid point of lions are incapable of roaring at a prey, which shows you just tryed to discredit all the information from a retarded opinion, yes, your entire summary was based on a opinion, and my opinion is, you aint got no london graduate paper on lions that would prove jack...if so...prove me wrong and show it to us, other wise, then stay out of my thread.

Chump.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
all cats are amazing ...
big and small!!
Original post by Sword of Justice
Expert? lol

And an expert doesnt have to hail from a kaka mi mi zoological school, african

please don't try to mis cite kiswahili. it looks bad.
Original post by john2054
please don't try to mis cite kiswahili. it looks bad.

No...what you have to do, is tell your friendo here, to:

Show us his grad papers of zoological studies;

or

show us a single photo of him with a lion

or

show us a single academia issue he published on lions

or show us a single video with him recording lions

So you want me to believe he went to school for specifically these animals, and not one paper was turned in as a exam final to his superiors and professors? Exactly what kinda joke of a school doesnt require papers to be turned in on what they study?

No where did I say I was a grad expert on subject, (so I unlike him dont have to show anything) doesnt mean I cant weigh in the facts from people who would dwarf not only him but his entire university's records of lions studied papers in comparing to the subject/topic. Again, he made the claim, lets see just the basics to his claim, before we even move a inch further an listen to more of his illogical BS rants.

The book of science citing even said, this occasion happened at night...so even more so how in the hell is the animal gona know not only where the lion is coming from, but what safe direction to run in pitch black'ness..the roar is too powerful in a omni-directional that close to know where exactly its coming from, he didnt say that it was a lone animal which could raise the chances of getting away... as it also said, animals with an S, so the chances of an entire herd drinking at a water whole, with a panicked bunch, has a high probability of running right back into the lions presence....this is doubly so since wouldn't there be 5-20 lions hunting at once? lol Yet again...more ignorance by him that dont matches what was stated...by true experts.
Original post by foo.mp3
stronger than your grammar, i'm guessing :holmes:

you don't have one which says:

jeremy

you

are

years

old
lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
Your point? :dontknow:

@Gwilym101

No...cre---dent---t-o's
Original post by Foo.mp3
Complete/intelligible sentences, in English, if you'd be so kind :top2:

How about ya'll show me his grad papers on lions in london, then I'll start typing a bit better
How about ya'll show me his grad papers on lions in london, then I'll start typing a bit better

My wife is from Kenya, and she laughed and said that lions DON'T roar before they attack. Or are you trying to say that you know better than a Kenyan as well?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?
My wife is from Kenya, and she laughed and said that lions DON'T roar before they attack. Or are you trying to say that you know better than a Kenyan as well?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?

Ha ha ha

https://youtu.be/OuxAPBYtDLY?t=33

I'm only laughing, because I dont think you have a wife/
(edited 8 years ago)
Ha ha ha

https://youtu.be/OuxAPBYtDLY?t=33

I'm only laughing, because I dont think you have a wife/

you've just shown me a video of a lion roaring in a stand off with a croc, and another with some lionesses roaring at a feed. This does not prove the fact that they roar before they attack, as you previously claimed.

not only have i been married eight years, and have an eight year old step daughter, am considering buying a house and nearly finished my degree, but quite frankly this is information you don't need to know. Go back to playing football with your mates, i think they appreciate your company a lot more than i ever will!!!!
you've just shown me a video of a lion roaring in a stand off with a croc, and another with some lionesses roaring at a feed. This does not prove the fact that they roar before they attack, as you previously claimed.

not only have i been married eight years, and have an eight year old step daughter, am considering buying a house and nearly finished my degree, but quite frankly this is information you don't need to know. Go back to playing football with your mates, i think they appreciate your company a lot more than i ever will!!!!

Okay bro, if you say so, tell your wife I said akuna-ma- tata
Why is there an argument happening over Lions?

They're awesome and all but I bet the polar bear is stronger

means = there is no worries. from the lion king

she's in bed now.
she's in bed now.

With another man? Jesus
With another man? Jesus

no with my daughter. we have separate rooms because of my snoring.
The stronger at wrestling and grappling no dought, but not striking with their paws.
The stronger at wrestling and grappling no dought, but not striking with their paws.

So are you telling me if you put a male polar bear and a male lion together and made them fight the lion would win?

You're joking surely
no with my daughter. we have separate rooms because of my snoring.

jesus

Quick Reply

Latest