The Student Room Group

GCSE English language

So, I did my controlled assessments which are English today 20% and Spoken language 20%. On English today, I get 28 out of 40 raw marks which a C, the UMS is 30, and on spoken language I get 25 out of 48 raw marks which are an E, the UMS is 20. I am doing my exam in June 2016 and it is 60% towards GCSE. The UMS of C grade in the exam is 90 so to get a C grade overall I need UMS of 150 but I'm doing foundation paper would I still be able to get a C overall? because since I work it out that I got UMS of 140. Somebody, please help me I am sick of thinking about it. Thank you
Hmmm sounds like you should stick to BTEC hair and beauty

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lalita.k
So, I did my controlled assessments which are English today 20% and Spoken language 20%. On English today, I get 28 out of 40 raw marks which a C, the UMS is 30, and on spoken language I get 25 out of 48 raw marks which are an E, the UMS is 20. I am doing my exam in June 2016 and it is 60% towards GCSE. The UMS of C grade in the exam is 90 so to get a C grade overall I need UMS of 150 but I'm doing foundation paper would I still be able to get a C overall? because since I work it out that I got UMS of 140. Somebody, please help me I am sick of thinking about it. Thank you

yes why not, it will be more than enough! Just practice past papers from now on and you will be fine trust me ..keep practicing!!
Original post by swagyolo420

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was a little bit rude ! I think that shes not a native speaker, you should try and encourage people to do the best of their ability rather than pulling them down..if you CANT say something nice dont say ANYTHING at all, thats all it takes to make life a little easier eh... chap
Original post by malaikaxx
That was a little bit rude ! I think that shes not a native speaker, you should try and encourage people to do the best of their ability rather than pulling them down..if you CANT say something nice dont say ANYTHING at all, thats all it takes to make life a little easier eh... chap

Hey what's wrong with BTEC hair and beauty?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
yes why not, it will be more than enough! Just practice past papers from now on and you will be fine trust me ..keep practicing!!

TBH I just don't know how they work it all out but thank you for your reply.
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dammmmm! Lol
Hey what's wrong with BTEC hair and beauty?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"you should stick to BTEC hair and beauty" she doesnt do BTEC hair and beauty, using the word "stick" demonstrates that you think that shes inadequate to achieve her ability to get a GCSE grade C ...stop acting dumb! I believe she can
"you should stick to BTEC hair and beauty" she doesnt do BTEC hair and beauty, using the word "stick" demonstrates that you think that shes inadequate to achieve her ability to get a GCSE grade C ...stop acting dumb! I believe she can

You're being very unfair to BTEC hair and beauty students imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
You're being very unfair to BTEC hair and beauty students imo

Posted from TSR Mobile

shut the !!**&&%$ up, your pissing me off now
TBH I just don't know how they work it all out but thank you for your reply.

you need to go on your exam boards UMS marks and see how many marks you need to achieve for an overall grade C . You need to then add up all the marks you got for all controlled assessments to date in English and minus it from the UMS thats the amount of marks you need for a C
Reply 11

Thank you, (Malaikaxx) for the advice and believing in me. I think we should ignore the negative people.
Reply 12
you need to go on your exam boards UMS marks and see how many marks you need to achieve for an overall grade C . You need to then add up all the marks you got for all controlled assessments to date in English and minus it from the UMS thats the amount of marks you need for a C

I already look at the mark, I had UMS of 30 and 20 on controlled assessments, so that's 50. Now to I get a C in exam I need 46 marks out if 64 which is UMS of 90. :/
To get a C overall I need to get 150
Thank you, (Malaikaxx) for the advice and believing in me. I think we should ignore the negative people.

No problem you go out there and do the best you can ...society will pull you down either way just do what makes you happy and what reaches your standards (:
Reply 14

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the advice but I think you're on the wrong subject here! PLEASE read my text carefully to see that I'm not doing hair and beauty course. Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest