The Student Room Group

Fashion tips for a person who doesn't show arm or legs or stomach?

Hey! As I'm a Muslim girl I don't show my skin. I want to stop wearing skinny jeans as it doesn't look right and is pretty tight.

I want to change my look in a good way.

I'm 17 and this is how I dress
Wear ankle boots 24/ 7
Wear jumper and jeans
Wear knee length dress with a cardigan or top underneath, and leggings ( I also want to stop wearing leggings )
Reply 1
A pencil skirt and shirt combo is classy and fashion-conscious, and not revealing. A leather skirt helps keep in casual. Pair with boots with a medium heel.
Reply 2
skirt.jpg
Reply 3
Original post by ls_1990
A pencil skirt and shirt combo is classy and fashion-conscious, and not revealing. A leather skirt helps keep in casual. Pair with boots with a medium heel.

Yh good suggestion. Skirt is tight tho
Reply 4
Original post by Anonbabes
Hey! As I'm a Muslim girl I don't show my skin. I want to stop wearing skinny jeans as it doesn't look right and is pretty tight.

I want to change my look in a good way.

I'm 17 and this is how I dress
Wear ankle boots 24/ 7
Wear jumper and jeans
Wear knee length dress with a cardigan or top underneath, and leggings ( I also want to stop wearing leggings )

I love ankle boots also can't live without my heels (mainly coz I'm quite short)
I would start off with loose tops, mainly shirts and oversized shirts
If you still want to keep the jeans you could wear them with a maxi shirt or open abaya still looks Elegant

Ma'sha Allah that you have decided to change the way you dress, and in'sha Allah all goes easy for you
Reply 5
Original post by Tahira__
I love ankle boots also can't live without my heels (mainly coz I'm quite short)
I would start off with loose tops, mainly shirts and oversized shirts
If you still want to keep the jeans you could wear them with a maxi shirt or open abaya still looks Elegant

Ma'sha Allah that you have decided to change the way you dress, and in'sha Allah all goes easy for you

Inshallah xx

I'm still far off Deen
salam alaykum, perhaps wear a maxi skirt with a loose top with a cardigan on top?
Reply 7
Original post by studentfeed
salam alaykum, perhaps wear a maxi skirt with a loose top with a cardigan on top?

That's great for summer what about for winter?
I wear a lot of straight leg jeans (they aren't tight at all and are good for winter) and baggy jumpers :smile: light long sleeved blouses can be good for summer :smile: what do you think of thick tights? I wear a lot of cable knit type tights in the winter/autumn too
Original post by Anonbabes
That's great for summer what about for winter?

Perhaps boot cut jeans with a loose woolly jumper. Not too sure tbh :tongue:
Poncho
Reply 11
Burka?
Original post by Lucasium
Poncho

Imo they look horrible >.<

Shirt dresses? :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Gingerbread101
I wear a lot of straight leg jeans (they aren't tight at all and are good for winter) and baggy jumpers :smile: light long sleeved blouses can be good for summer :smile: what do you think of thick tights? I wear a lot of cable knit type tights in the winter/autumn too

True good idea :smile:

Original post by studentfeed
Perhaps boot cut jeans with a loose woolly jumper. Not too sure tbh :tongue:

True

Original post by Lucasium
Poncho

What's that? ?
Wow i have the exact same problem im in year 11 and should be starting college next year but cant think of any shops where clothes are not too tight do you have any ideas with regards to what shops to go to for modest clothing?

Quick Reply

Latest