The Student Room Group

Sperm bank gives a black donor sperm instead of a white one

-Lesbian couple go to a sperm bank and request a sperm donor who is white and blue eyes so it resembles her partner.
-Sperm bank messes up and accidentally fertilises her with a african american donor.
-She has the baby who is 1 now and is bi-racial and beautiful and they claim they love her to bits and would not trade her.
-Still wants to sue the sperm bank for making that mistake

[video="youtube;CE0XZM2vJPE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0XZM2vJPE[/video]

What do y'all think of this???

Scroll to see replies

These things happen I guess :dontknow:. But, I think suing the Sperm Bank is the right thing to do mainly because they made a pretty fatal error which has undoubtedly angered the couple.
Reply 2
Original post by curiousduck
-Lesbian couple go to a sperm bank and request a sperm donor who is white and blue eyes so it resembles her partner.
-Sperm bank messes up and accidentally fertilises her with a african american donor.
-She has the baby who is 1 now and is bi-racial and beautiful and they claim they love her to bits and would not trade her.

[video="youtube;CE0XZM2vJPE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE0XZM2vJPE[/video]

"Black and White case" omg, I'm sorry but that is hilarious!
Reply 3
That is a terrible mistake on the side of the sperm bank. I'd sue them too.
Reply 4

lol immediately I think racism! secondly if they're happy with the outcome why complain? clearly in it for the $$$$

Why wouldn't they sue them? It's free money. I would do the same.
Reply 6
I don't think she should sue. She should be grateful that she has been granted a healthy girl!
Original post by homeland.lsw
These things happen I guess :dontknow:. But, I think suing the Sperm Bank is the right thing to do mainly because they made a pretty fatal error which has undoubtedly angered the couple.

Original post by Nadile
That is a terrible mistake on the side of the sperm bank. I'd sue them too.

Original post by lolakirk
Why wouldn't they sue them? It's free money. I would do the same.

Don't you think this will effect the child when they grow up?? Like my parents sued the sperm bank because they wanted me to be white??
Reply 8
Don't you think this will effect the child when they grow up?? Like my parents sued the sperm bank because they wanted me to be white??

Its the principle of the matter - the sperm bankers delivered the wrong sperm.
if they love her then why would they sue? gettin that $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ lol.....but yeah i guess i'd be angry too if the sperm bank messed up

No as they love the child, I think it's more of a fact that the sperm bank is doing them a service. They didn't do this service correctly and have altered the parents' lives so therefore should be sued.
I think their reaction is fare. People are so damn judgmental and they will judge your kid too - their peers will judge the kid - not only for her having two female parents, but also now for being a different skin colour and having a different hair type. Let's hope they can handle a bit of black hair lol.
Reply 12
They just want money lol
They could've just adopted if it mattered that much
even though their baby looks absolutely fine I don't think something like this should go unpunished/uncompensated...this is pretty serious of a mistake
Original post by Legendary Quest
They could've just adopted if it mattered that much

Oh come on! You're not going to feel the same at all about an adopted kid as one that you know is biologically part you. The 'connection' won't be there.
i can understand why they'd be pissed. if it was a black couple and they requested a black sperm donor and were given a white donor they would have equal grounds to be pissed.

but, now that it's happened and they love the child i dont think they should sue. it was always going to be someone else's sperm, it's just that one trait of that other person is different to what they expected :dontknow:

yes it would, must feel **** knowing your parents didnt want you to the extent that they sued because they had you, and not what they wanted.
mine were not expecting a bear :hmmmm2:
Original post by Silver Arrow
The real problem here is how society got to a point where two people of the same sex are allowed to raise a child. The couple sound disgustingly arrogant too. They got what they wanted - a beautiful child - yet they wanna sue.

It's a bit like me ordering a red car and having a blue one arrive instead. I then decide the blue looks nicer so I decide to keep it but also sue the car company for making a mistake even though I'm happy with the blue car.

absolutely disgusting how you think that same sex couples should not have the same rights to raise a child as a hetero couple.

Comparing a car to a child doesn't really make sense since even if they wanted to they can't exactly exchange the black donor sperm for a white one. And also its not a case of changing their mind because one car/race looks nicer, its the fact that they thought they were getting a white baby but the sperm bank messed up.

but I do agree that they did get a beautiful child at the end of it and therefore should not sue unless they actually don't want the child at all.
Seems silly.

*affect

Quick Reply

Latest