The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EccentricDiamond
You are an apologist for evil, you are an apologist for Islam.

You are evidently a fascist

Islam is a religion of tolerance, only 0.1% are radicals

Onwards to diversity! Onwards to the multicultural utopia!
Original post by garfeeled
Before you do I suggest you head down

Is Jeremy Corbyn committing a genocide

By any stretch of the imagination, no.

Is Isis committing genocide.

Yes, yes they are.

Does Jeremy Corbyn support an enforced social law of extreme sexism and extreme ideological supremacy no

Does Isis
Yes, yes they do.

I would say it's co paring apples and oranges but that implies that there is some similarity to justify your ludicrous comparison.

Do you really think anyone supports Isis for their honesty and integrity. I mean they are pretty blunt about the things they do.

Question do you admire Isis for their honesty and integrity.

Oh for goodness sake, you're really a thick-skulled idiot.

I am SHOWING YOU THAT YOU CAN BE FAVOURABLE OF SOMETHING WITHOUT SUPPORTING THEM, this has nothing to do with comparing Corbyn and Isis.

Freaking hell i'm actually getting aids from these right-wing morons here.
Original post by EccentricDiamond
You are an apologist for evil, you are an apologist for Islam.

I prefer to see it that you are a victim of right-wing scaremongering.
Original post by thunder_chunky
Speaking in favour of them is supporting them, period, because you are speaking favourably about them and you hold the opinion that their actions and beliefs are positive. You are finding ways to justify their actions rather than condemning them. Have you gotten that through your thick skull yet cupcake? Or do I need to find another way to spell it out to you.

And well done you just completed my argument.

'Speaking in favour of them' - being the key term here.

Are these Muslims who apparently like ISIS 'speaking in favour of them'? Nope. They are not. They just hold favourable views on ISIS.

Good job.

But I guess you're going to come back and tell me that 'having a view' is the same as 'speaking a view' :facepalm: this right-wing idiocy has actually taken 5 years off my life I swear
Original post by Frank Underwood
Supporting them ranges from spreading their message, to sending them money, to recruiting for them, to joining them and to killing in their name.

all of the above i believe are offenses under the terrorism act. I would hope you are currently being monitored

If supporting ISIS is classified as 'having a favourable opinion of them', then you might as well just have a favourable opinion of me ignoring your idiocy.

thats a fail at sarcasm
I prefer to see it that you are a victim of right-wing scaremongering.

an apologist for islamists would see it that way
RefugeesWelcome....

Seriously do these European traitor politicians have any idea what they have done? Do they not like Europeans or something? Because everything they are doing suggests they want to get rid of Europeans and replace them with 3rd worlders.

I was on the fence before, but I really want to leave the EU in June. I don't want to be "culturally enriched" any more.
Oh for goodness sake, you're really a thick-skulled idiot.

I am SHOWING YOU THAT YOU CAN BE FAVOURABLE OF SOMETHING WITHOUT SUPPORTING THEM, this has nothing to do with comparing Corbyn and Isis.

Freaking hell i'm actually getting aids from these right-wing morons here.

Well there is clearly no need for the insults now is their. I mean I'm left wing personally but you really are giving the left side a bad name.

As I have said you haven't really pointed it out. When it comes to honesty and integrity such characteristics work for less extreme issues. Like for example Jeremy corbyns policies, but when it comes to extremist positions such honest and integrity really doesn't stand up, and most people see that, if somebody has a favourable view of Isis because they are honest, standing up for discrimination against Muslims (though people often forget if your not their sort of Muslim then they don't view you as one and would be just as quick to enslave/rape/murder/insert other forms of oppression)you as they would the people they have already enslaved/raped/murdered/oppressed.) fighting against western imperialism it implies that they view Islamic imperialism, their extreme sexism/homophobia ect as not particularly important, something that doesn't really bother them and is some what inevitable.

And why is this so important to you, can you not see that fighting positive views about Isis is almost as important as stopping their spread and increased power.
Well there is clearly no need for the insults now is their. I mean I'm left wing personally but you really are giving the left side a bad name.

As I have said you haven't really pointed it out. When it comes to honesty and integrity such characteristics work for less extreme issues. Like for example Jeremy corbyns policies, but when it comes to extremist positions such honest and integrity really doesn't stand up, and most people see that, if somebody has a favourable view of Isis because they are honest, standing up for discrimination against Muslims (though people often forget if your not their sort of Muslim then they don't view you as one and would be just as quick to enslave/rape/murder/insert other forms of oppression)you as they would the people they have already enslaved/raped/murdered/oppressed.) fighting against western imperialism it implies that they view Islamic imperialism, their extreme sexism/homophobia ect as not particularly important, something that doesn't really bother them and is some what inevitable.

And why is this so important to you, can you not see that fighting positive views about Isis is almost as important as stopping their spread and increased power.

I can't actually believe this.

I AM NOT COMPARING ISIS TO JEREMY CORBYN.

I am making a point to the OP that I can have a favourable view of something without openly supporting them.

Jesus christ, I wish you idiots wouldn't just jump into random conversations when you have no idea whats even going on.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The draconian measures taken by the French Government after the Charlie Hebdo attacks failed spectacularly to prevent the Paris attacks in November 2015.

It is worrying just how easily people are ready to throw away their hard-won civil liberties in the hope that it would lead to better security but demonstrable examples clearly show that not to be the case.

french intelligence is by no means the level of our own or the usa's

and the paris attack was undertaken by belgian jihadis, not french ones

this and paris are examples of the weak intelligence powers practiced in belgium - but this wont continue after this. there have been numerous plots foiled by uk/german and usa intellignece services working together. belgium are late in getting on board. islamic attacks can only be picked up by surveillances gathered out of islamic communities . it will mean more intrusion of the muslim communities but then they are doing little to curb activities of islamists, even refusing to denounce their ideologies as seen on this thread. but i think peaceful muslims will accept this increased level of scrutiny if they are genuine about curbing the terrorist element from their religion
And well done you just completed my argument.

'Speaking in favour of them' - being the key term here.

Are these Muslims who apparently like ISIS 'speaking in favour of them'? Nope. They are not. They just hold favourable views on ISIS.

Good job.

But I guess you're going to come back and tell me that 'having a view' is the same as 'speaking a view' :facepalm: this right-wing idiocy has actually taken 5 years off my life I swear

You keep on calling my beliefs right wing. Why is that? I'm not right wing. I'm not actually sure where I am these days. I used to consider myself left wing but now I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't consider myself right wing though. But it begs the question, why is it strictly right wing to condemn not just the terrorists but those who support them and those who speak out in favour of them? It doesn't actually.

Having a view and speaking a view aren't that different either. And it doesn't make you any less of a terrorist sympathiser. Own it.
Original post by Evil Genius
RefugeesWelcome....

Seriously do these European traitor politicians have any idea what they have done? Do they not like Europeans or something? Because everything they are doing suggests they want to get rid of Europeans and replace them with 3rd worlders.

I was on the fence before, but I really want to leave the EU in June. I don't want to be "culturally enriched" any more.

being out of the EU would not have protected from these men, they were north african who merged themselves in to belgians islamic community
Original post by BaconandSauce
The left's has always had an issue with racism of low expectations

Poor little brown people can't be expected to act like us white folks so we can't hold them to the same standards as us.

I can't believe this has been reported. Maybe some poor soul didn't get the sarcasm. It's very true that unfortunately many liberals take this patronising approach towards non-Western cultures. Like you said: racism of low expectations.
Original post by thunder_chunky
You keep on calling my beliefs right wing. Why is that? I'm not right wing. I'm not actually sure where I am these days. I used to consider myself left wing but now I think I'm somewhere in the middle. I don't consider myself right wing though. But it begs the question, why is it strictly right wing to condemn not just the terrorists but those who support them and those who speak out in favour of them? It doesn't actually.

Having a view and speaking a view aren't that different either. And it doesn't make you any less of a terrorist sympathiser. Own it.

Your anti-Muslim views are consistent with strong isolationism and nationalism - which is right-wing.
I can't actually believe this.

I AM NOT COMPARING ISIS TO JEREMY CORBYN.

I am making a point to the OP that I can have a favourable view of something without openly supporting them.

Jesus christ, I wish you idiots wouldn't just jump into random conversations when you have no idea whats even going on.

I never said you directly compared Isis to corbyn, just that you compared having a favourable view of Isis is like having a favourable view of Jeremy Corbyn. You did make that comparison. I'm simply saying the comparison is a bad one and that given how bad Isis are (which all but the most extreme right or extreme left would say isn't true for Corbyn) having a favourable view of them is clear a bad sign, an indicator of extremism and support for such things that Isis believes in (the bad stuff like execution, homophobia, sexism ect).

I'll ask you again, if you admire Corbyn for his honesty do you admire Isis for theirs.
Original post by Reformed
beef up security - and intelligence powers - high level strategy on tackling islamic radicalisation and ideologies - deep scrutnisation/monitoring of islamic communities, deep cover agents to be planted withing islamic cells, mosques islamic centres etc.
intelligience gathering and pre-emptive action is the only thing anyone can do against terrorism that breeds within a community. we are not donald trump

How would you go about "beefing up" security?
How would you go about "monitoring Islamic communities"?

I'm not attacking you, I'm just asking whether you have any specific policies and measures that you feel should/could be taken?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never said you directly compared Isis to corbyn, just that you compared having a favourable view of Isis is like having a favourable view of Jeremy Corbyn. You did make that comparison. I'm simply saying the comparison is a bad one and that given how bad Isis are (which all but the most extreme right or extreme left would say isn't true for Corbyn) having a favourable view of them is clear a bad sign, an indicator of extremism and support for such things that Isis believes in (the bad stuff like execution, homophobia, sexism ect).

I'll ask you again, if you admire Corbyn for his honesty do you admire Isis for theirs.

I hope you're deliberately taking the piss.

People like ISIS for whatever reason, most likely their anti-West rhetoric.
Original post by chemting
How would you go about "beefing up" security?
How would you go about "monitoring Islamic communities"?

I'm not attacking you, I'm just asking whether you have any specific policies and measures that you feel should/could be taken?

Posted from TSR Mobile

if i spent some time thinking about it, im sure i could come up with quite a few as part fo an overall strategy -some im sure could be accussed of being a biit shady - but they would yield results. but then im not paid to do that so wont get too in depth. suffice to say though it involves a much wider 'infitration program' in said communities so that whats going on islamic centres and mosques is known (ie who is doing the basic recruiting, espousing the politcally driven islamic doctrine) and then tabbing those that sniff. it involves a lot more plants and undercovers both in the communities and online.
Original post by TheArtofProtest
The draconian measures taken by the French Government after the Charlie Hebdo attacks failed spectacularly to prevent the Paris attacks in November 2015.

It is worrying just how easily people are ready to throw away their hard-won civil liberties in the hope that it would lead to better security but demonstrable examples clearly show that not to be the case.

Agreed. It's easy to put words together that sounds good but it leads to policies that give too much power to the government and potentially threatening in the long run.

With regards to my original question, where do you think Belgium (and Europeans in general) go from here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if i spent some time thinking about it, im sure i could come up with quite a few as part fo an overall strategy -some im sure could be accussed of being a biit shady - but they would yield results.

I can't comment on whether they'd yeild results without seeing the strategies.

but then im not paid to do that so wont get too in depth. suffice to say though it involves a much wider 'infitration program' in said communities so that whats going on islamic centres and mosques is known (ie who is doing the basic recruiting, espousing the politcally driven islamic doctrine) and then tabbing those that sniff. it involves a lot more plants and undercovers both in the communities and online.

You kinda need "trusted" members in the community to do that. Its hard to "infiltrate" to an Islamic centre being white. But I guess there must make a start somewhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending