The Student Room Group
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website

I finally finished my dissertation this evening...

Now it's just a waiting game to see what grade i get Hopefully i'll get a first however, which will bring the overall grade of my degree up to a 2.1 overall. Wish me luck!?>!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well done - how many words was it? what subject are you studying and what did you write your disso about?
Students relaxing
University of Derby
Derby
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by LLB with a big D
Post it on here for us to see.

so you can copy it huh>? add me on facebook and i may let you see it?
Reply 3
Original post by Jenx301
Well done - how many words was it? what subject are you studying and what did you write your disso about?

Just under 9600 words altogether, and it was a Sociological assignment, based on the illness of Schizophrenia from a number of perspectives and case studies. Including my own.
Reply 4
Original post by john2054
Just under 9600 words altogether, and it was a Sociological assignment, based on the illness of Schizophrenia from a number of perspectives and case studies. Including my own.

cool. Well done I bet you are very relieved to have finished it. Mine is 10,000 words as well!
Reply 5
Original post by Jenx301
cool. Well done I bet you are very relieved to have finished it. Mine is 10,000 words as well!

Not half. I'm just a bit nervous about the grade, but hopefully i'll get a good one. I did everything i was told apart from add an acknowledgements. What is yours on?
Reply 6
And those 9600 word are why I'm choosing not to do a dissertation and take up an extra module instead next year.
Reply 7
Oh god argh I want to read it.:angry:
Reply 8
Not half. I'm just a bit nervous about the grade, but hopefully i'll get a good one. I did everything i was told apart from add an acknowledgements. What is yours on?

Aren't acknowledgements important?
Reply 9

Well hopefully you will get the grade you want. Mine is on domestic violence and the role of practitioners in supporting children & family.
Reply 10
Original post by Thomb
Aren't acknowledgements important?

references are important. acknowledgements are just an exercise in bum kissing as far as i am concerned. And i really don't think that it will affect my grade too much, by leaving them out. After all i wrote my essay, and apart from my dad who proof read it once, i don't think i would have had anyone to mention. Plus he wsa always critical of nearly everything i wrote, so again yes, i don't think it matters too much.

If you add me on facebook i will consider sending you a copy of the final draft okay?
Reply 11
Original post by Jenx301
Well hopefully you will get the grade you want. Mine is on domestic violence and the role of practitioners in supporting children & family.

Have you done any first direct interviews/evidence collecting? Mine was purely a desk based exercise.
Reply 12
references are important. acknowledgements are just an exercise in bum kissing as far as i am concerned. And i really don't think that it will affect my grade too much, by leaving them out. After all i wrote my essay, and apart from my dad who proof read it once, i don't think i would have had anyone to mention. Plus he wsa always critical of nearly everything i wrote, so again yes, i don't think it matters too much.

If you add me on facebook i will consider sending you a copy of the final draft okay?

Sorry for a minute there I thought you meant references. Thank god you didn't. Ok how do I find you on FB?
Reply 13
Original post by Thomb
Sorry for a minute there I thought you meant references. Thank god you didn't. Ok how do I find you on FB?

pm me okay thomb?
Have you done any first direct interviews/evidence collecting? Mine was purely a desk based exercise.

Nope - my disso is literature based as I have mental health problems and would really struggle to collect evidence or research from other people.
Original post by 1RM
And those 9600 word are why I'm choosing not to do a dissertation and take up an extra module instead next year.

9600 isn't really that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Jenx301
Nope - my disso is literature based as I have mental health problems and would really struggle to collect evidence or research from other people.

Have you done anything on oh what's it called??? when the abuse isn't physical but mental?
Original post by Thomb
Have you done anything on oh what's it called??? when the abuse isn't physical but mental?

yep - all the different types of abuse.... emotional/physical/sexual/financial
Reply 18
Original post by Jenx301

Yes, getting consent and overcoming the ethics form would be a nightmare for our projects! xx
Give me a chance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending