The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan if I prolong my study?

Hello,
I am UG full-time student in my final year (I was supposed to finish my studies in Feb 2024). But I need to prolong my studies (probably by a couple of months) because of my dissertation. Is there any chance I could get another portion of maintenance loan in that "prolonged part of my studies"? Plus, Am I eligible to get eventuel tution fee covered by SFE as well?

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

e.
Original post by nava-22
Hello,
I am UG full-time student in my final year (I was supposed to finish my studies in Feb 2024). But I need to prolong my studies (probably by a couple of months) because of my dissertation. Is there any chance I could get another portion of maintenance loan in that "prolonged part of my studies"? Plus, Am I eligible to get eventuel tution fee covered by SFE as well?

Thank you very much.
Kind regards,

e.

Hi Nava, it would be dependent on how much Tuition Fee Loan has been paid for this academic year. Are you a full time or part time student? Can you confirm if you are 'in attendance' for those additional months?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Nava, it would be dependent on how much Tuition Fee Loan has been paid for this academic year. Are you a full time or part time student? Can you confirm if you are 'in attendance' for those additional months?

Thanks, Clare

I am full-time. What does 'in attendance' mean, please? I will need to prolong just because of dissertation, so I will actually not attend any module in person in the class.

Thank you.
Original post by nava-22
I am full-time. What does 'in attendance' mean, please? I will need to prolong just because of dissertation, so I will actually not attend any module in person in the class.

Thank you.

Hi nava-22,

It means that you are actually attending the course/classes etc. It doesn't sound like you are, therefore you would not be funded for that however, you can clarify this with your university.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending