The Student Room Group

Worried I won't get a 2.1 in my degree (UK/Ireland)

I completed my last (first-sit) exams for my Digital Marketing master's degree in August and classifications will be published on noon (12pm) 8 September 2023. However, the exams sat were a real mixed bag, the 1st I sat was the one I felt most nervous about but didn't feel bad leaving it, the 2nd one I was given abit of guidance but from what I saw when I was choosing which 3 of 5 questions to answer one was not what I was expecting so I just wrote a pile of waffle for my 3rd answer. The 3rd and final exam was predictable enough from past papers so was happy with it.

I have my marks for my Applied Project (dissertation) and 8 of my other modules, so I'm just waiting on my final results for the last 3. My calculations of average I think from memory was around 61%, so a very low 2.1, Although I also worked out to finish with a 2.1 I need to achieve 51% (given how heavily weighted my dissertation was - carried the weight of 5 single credit modules). This would be a low 2.2 in my exam modules.

Saying this sounds achievable and I'm probably working myself up about it, but I was the only one who sat the exams in August due to medical reasons when I was originally supposed to, so do you think I could ask for idk an 'indication' of exam marks, if not my final classification before the official release date?

The remainder of my class is also waiting on their final marks for their dissertations on this date too. My dissertation mark carried over from the previous year.
(edited 8 months ago)
@derryboy98

It's not easy to wait, but it is a skill for life.

You can spend the time while you wait going over things again and again (things that you can't change) or you can use the time to start thinking about things that you can do.

Perhaps that's beginning to look at roles that might interest you or thinking about whether you want to study further.

Maybe it's enjoying the last few days of summer, catching up with people and enjoying some sunshine : )

Look forward and not back,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 2
Original post by University of Huddersfield
@derryboy98

It's not easy to wait, but it is a skill for life.

You can spend the time while you wait going over things again and again (things that you can't change) or you can use the time to start thinking about things that you can do.

Perhaps that's beginning to look at roles that might interest you or thinking about whether you want to study further.

Maybe it's enjoying the last few days of summer, catching up with people and enjoying some sunshine : )

Look forward and not back,

Thanks, No I think that's me done with university at least for a while lol, it's been a long 5 years and 2 degrees, 2 uni's. Maybe in the future I'll consider higher if I need it lol.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by derryboy98
Thanks, No I think that's me done with university at least for a while lol, it's been a long 5 years and 2 degrees, 2 uni's. Maybe in the future I'll consider higher if I need it lol.

@derryboy98

You definitely need a break!

Congrats on what you have achieved!!!

All the best,

(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending