The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries for Edexcel Higher?

Does anyone know approximately what percentage of marks are needed for a C?
Reply 1
Edexcel June 2015 you needed 66/200 for a C and this is been lower in previous years such at 57 and 58. You should aim at getting into the 70's or 80's zone to have a safe C as they moved the grade boundaries massively last year God knows what will happen this year.
Original post by Tinka99
Edexcel June 2015 you needed 66/200 for a C and this is been lower in previous years such at 57 and 58. You should aim at getting into the 70's or 80's zone to have a safe C as they moved the grade boundaries massively last year God knows what will happen this year.

Hmmmmm I think I might be better off with Foundation then... I've managed to get Cs on Higher past papers but the boundaries were low
Reply 3
Original post by redinthegrey
Hmmmmm I think I might be better off with Foundation then... I've managed to get Cs on Higher past papers but the boundaries were low

It really is much easier to get a C on the higher than foundation as you really need high marks on the foundation where as on the higher you can get away with a lot lower marks. On the beginning of a higher paper you do get a good amount of marks for the C/D content. The B content is not hard provided you revise and you don't need any of the A*/A stuff for C grade.Knowing the A*/A stuff is good but knowing all topic B and below should be enough to get a C or even a B.

The boundary was actually 65 not 66 so sorry for the wrong info.

They have been quite generous with the A* and A grades
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Tinka99
It really is much easier to get a C on the higher than foundation as you really need high marks on the foundation where as on the higher you can get away with a lot lower marks. On the beginning of a higher paper you do get a good amount of marks for the C/D content. The B content is not hard provided you revise and you don't need any of the A*/A stuff for C grade.Knowing the A*/A stuff is good but knowing all topic B and below should be enough to get a C or even a B.

The boundary was actually 65 not 66 so sorry for the wrong info.

They have been quite generous with the A* and A grades

Mm I'm in a Foundation class though so we don't generally cover grade B stuff... According to Edexcel's guidance D/C borderline students should take Foundation
Reply 5
Original post by redinthegrey
Mm I'm in a Foundation class though so we don't generally cover grade B stuff... According to Edexcel's guidance D/C borderline students should take Foundation

What tier have you actually been entered in for?

I was also D/C borderline in year 10 and once even got a E but still still decided I wanted to do the higher paper. I worked and got my grade up to a C this year and was only about 7 marks of a B in my mocks which is my personal target and if I get lucky an A. If you don't get taught the stuff in class and you HAVE BEEN ENTERED for the HIGHER PAPER go through the A*, A and B topics yourself at home.

Don't just depend on school to be teaching you everything do your own work.

This is the website I prefer for Maths:
http://www.m4ths.com/gcse-videos-higherfoundation.html

Got some great tutorials for foundation and higher regardless of the tier and this website is the only reason I even managed to get so close to a B.

This is another link to past paper questions by topic:
http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/grade2.html

You should attempt these before trying out past papers as they really improve your understanding with certain topics you may struggle on.

The higher paper is not hard to get a C provided you know all the B, C and D stuff. I managed to get so close to a B without even touching the A or A* too much.

Quick Reply

Latest