The Student Room Group

A level Maths Grade boundaries

What the bloody hell are these grade boundaries. 30 marks higher than last year, despite them being given a literal list of topics coming up. What’s going on!!!
the grade proportions went back to 2019, but also bear in mind that 2019 was 4 sessions ago now and students will have had time to get used to the new spec, albeit disrupted as it was. the 2019 papers sparked protests outside Edexcel's office when they were first sat.

that said I'm surprised it shot up this much. It still means that's what student performance was in line with.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
in all honesty, it's really sad. i was expecting 2019 boundaries, maybe a bit higher? i understand the specification has been out for a while now, and so we've had past exam papers but it shouldn't be this high. while the exams this year have been slightly more accessible (imo) they were still quite tricky, and definitely do not warrant such high boundaries. i would have easily achieved an A* in the previous sessions, but have now narrowly missed my firm offer. they are still deliberating. wish me luck :/
i wish everyone gets into their firm choice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest