The Student Room Group

Already screwed up GCSEs

I feel like ive already screwed up my GCSEs and its killing me. I want to revise and do well but i know that it is impossible for me to get an A* in like 5 of my topics just because i did quite badly on the individual assessment rubbish. I just dont know what to do i feel like there is no point in revising unless its for a topic that i know i can get a grade in that is good. I feel like i cant do anything to fix anything and in a way i cant so i really just dont even know what to do ;(.
Original post by Bernie2016
I feel like ive already screwed up my GCSEs and its killing me. I want to revise and do well but i know that it is impossible for me to get an A* in like 5 of my topics just because i did quite badly on the individual assessment rubbish. I just dont know what to do i feel like there is no point in revising unless its for a topic that i know i can get a grade in that is good. I feel like i cant do anything to fix anything and in a way i cant so i really just dont even know what to do ;(.

I'm in the same position as you kan, well I guees the only way to motivate yourself is to think that your already gonna do really bad and you need to try and get the best possible grade you can or your screwed. Hope this helped.
dont worry about A*, A is good enough.
Reply 3
I expect that from Bernie sanders supporters
Reply 4
i think you need to set a goal for yourself for motivational. Think about how you wanna be when you receive your results, would you prefer to be regretful for giving up or glad you put in work for this.
Hope this helps:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Not So Average

Its not though, i feel like im expected to get a million A*s by everyone.
Reply 6

Not really. A* is better.

OP, I recommend that you just try your best and see what you get. Not everyone will do well at GCSEs but you can always improve next year for A levels, which are far, far more important.
Its not though, i feel like im expected to get a million A*s by everyone.

Look my school policy is you get B or above and you can pick the A Level you like
Reply 8

No you haven't

Ask yourself these questions:

a) have you done any of your exams yet
b) do you have exams within the next fortnight?

If both answers are no, you haven't screwed up!
Reply 9
Look my school policy is you get B or above and you can pick the A Level you like

My school has the same policy (Apart from further maths) but i feel like if i dont get more A*s i wont be able to get into a good university, i do understand that most universities dont give a damn but the ones right at the top do and my family expects me to go to them in the future.
Original post by AbiLove
i think you need to set a goal for yourself for motivational. Think about how you wanna be when you receive your results, would you prefer to be regretful for giving up or glad you put in work for this.
Hope this helps:smile:

Thing is that i cant put in anymore work to get certain grades up to the highest standard because of all this modular rubbish.
My school has the same policy (Apart from further maths) but i feel like if i dont get more A*s i wont be able to get into a good university, i do understand that most universities dont give a damn but the ones right at the top do and my family expects me to go to them in the future.

Trust me bro GCSE ain't hard start banging it out now

Quick Reply

Latest