The Student Room Group

futher maths gcse

hello im in year 9 and we just choice our gcse options , and I really want to do fm maths but my school doenst offer it , im thinking of doing alevel maths and it would really help if I had it
is there any other way I can do fm?
Original post by forre
hello im in year 9 and we just choice our gcse options , and I really want to do fm maths but my school doenst offer it , im thinking of doing alevel maths and it would really help if I had it
is there any other way I can do fm?

You could look into sitting it privately when the time comes. You'll probably need to teach yourself the content though (or get a tutor or something).

Just as a side note, you don't need the Further Maths qualification to do A-Level Maths. While it could certainly help a little, it's also perfectly possible to do well in A-Level Maths without it. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by usycool1
You could look into sitting it privately when the time comes. You'll probably need to teach yourself the content though (or get a tutor or something).

Just as a side note, you don't need the Further Maths qualification to do A-Level Maths. While it could certainly help a little, it's also perfectly possible to do well in A-Level Maths without it. :smile:

oh i thought you really needed it, but i sounds exciting so i might get a tutor anyway, what year are u in ?
Original post by forre
oh i thought you really needed it, but i sounds exciting so i might get a tutor anyway

It's up to you - if you want to do it because it sounds exciting/you like Maths, then that isn't a bad reason to do it all. You'll just need to make sure that it doesn't end up putting too much of a toll on you with the other subjects you'll want to be revising for.

what year are u in ?

I'm at uni now but I did Maths/Further Maths at A-Level.
Reply 4
Original post by usycool1
It's up to you - if you want to do it because it sounds exciting/you like Maths, then that isn't a bad reason to do it all. You'll just need to make sure that it doesn't end up putting too much of a toll on you with the other subjects you'll want to be revising for.

I'm at uni now but I did Maths/Further Maths at A-Level.

oh okay, how is uni?, im thinking of doing maths or engeneering.'
what are studying?
Reply 5
Further Maths is undoubtedly the hardest GCSE and A-Level. I'm in Year 11 atm, my teacher is ok and I taught myself most of it at home.

Quick Reply

Latest