The Student Room Group

Why do people vote labour?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by trillinhomie
If you english, you're a fool for not liking Jeremy Corbyn
If you American, then you trippin if you don't support Bernie Sanders

I don't mind Sanders, but Corbyn is a narcissistic man-child.
I don't know but it seems to me labour sold out the traditional vote of the white working class by importing millions of Muslim and European migrants which compete with the unskilled labour voter for work and depress wages, in addition to dragging down public services which they also use: they (labour) became more left wing, but their actions caused their traditional vote to go more right wing. With the virtual non existence of a lot of the old unions, there is no reason for the ex core labour voter to vote labour
If you english, you're a fool for not liking Jeremy Corbyn
If you American, then you trippin if you don't support Bernie Sanders

op the type of person to deny white privilege

You're a legend
Original post by KingBradly
I don't mind Sanders, but Corbyn is a narcissistic man-child.

Savage

The article seems to focus solely on white people.

Anyway, my poor fellow coloured people are probably worse off
Original post by Youngmetro
You're a legend

ik mane, dont worry
Why anyone would vote for a party which overlooked the rapes of 1,400 children in Rotherham is beyond me.
Reply 27
What has labour ever done for me...
Nothing except for: free healthcare, the Equality Act, my local party is working to make an off road cycle route so I can travel everywhere on my bike, supported women's suffrage from the off, given me the equal pay act, a 20 mph speed limit on all residential streets in my home town, campaigned to keep the A and E, protected youth services, protected social services, given me sure start centres, fought for NHS student bursaries, improved my parks, built council housing, built affordable housing, protected the museums in my area, protected the libraries in my area, given my mum a job, tax credits, the welfare state, child trust funds and given me music lessons.

What have the Tories done that benefits me? Sweet F. A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like the Conservatives and Labour fits in to my political views more. Voting for anyone else is stupid as they wont win.
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Because they don't want to vote for a tax-dodging, dead-animal-****ing, out of touch toff who doesn't give a **** about anyone that doesn't donate to the Tory party and who can't even persuade his own cabinet to be on the same side as him in a referendum that he called, that's why.

surprise surprise someone with money avoids tax, he didnt have sex with a pig and that was a story written by someone who donated lots of money to the tories and he didnt let have any influence. why is it that conservative supporters dont tend to insult corbyn but labour supporting leftists always attack cameron? is it because they know they are not going to win?
Original post by Katty3
What has labour ever done for me...
Nothing except for: free healthcare, the Equality Act, my local party is working to make an off road cycle route so I can travel everywhere on my bike, supported women's suffrage from the off, given me the equal pay act, a 20 mph speed limit on all residential streets in my home town, campaigned to keep the A and E, protected youth services, protected social services, given me sure start centres, fought for NHS student bursaries, improved my parks, built council housing, built affordable housing, protected the museums in my area, protected the libraries in my area, given my mum a job, tax credits, the welfare state, child trust funds and given me music lessons.

What have the Tories done that benefits me? Sweet F. A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

this term the tories have given the nhs more funds than labour promised to do lol
Reply 31
People are voting according to their personal circumstances
op the type of person to deny white privilege

it doesnt exist. simple as. charities targeting middle aged white men wont get funding as they are not seen as a minority. asian people are on average higher earners, less likely to go to prison, less likely to commit violent crime and more likely to be happy in life. if there was any privileged race ( which there isnt) its the asians ( primarily japanese and koreans(south))
**** the police

what about black police
do they matter?
or do you still **** them?
and why is it ok to break the law and not get punished if your a blacky?
Original post by Chandellier
it doesnt exist. simple as. charities targeting middle aged white men wont get funding as they are not seen as a minority. asian people are on average higher earners, less likely to go to prison, less likely to commit violent crime and more likely to be happy in life. if there was any privileged race ( which there isnt) its the asians ( primarily japanese and koreans(south))

nah white privilege does exist
just look at that stats mane
In america, 37% of people who are arrested for the abuse of drugs are black, when the reality is only 14% of the black population are drug users.
30% of america is black, yet 60% of the prison population is, hmmmm must not exist
Reply 35
this term the tories have given the nhs more funds than labour promised to do lol

Which is why of the two hospitals in my area, one is probably going to lose it's A and E (meaning that some people will have nearly hour's journey to get there) and the other will lose a significant amount of elective surgeries.

When I last rang up my doctor to get an appointment, I was told that a doctor would ring me back with an appointment within the week. The appointment was then two weeks away. If you're waiting that long for an appointment, you're either better or pushing up daisies by the time you get it.

Not to mention the fact that a significant portion of my cohort are considering not going to university because we will literally be paying to work in the NHS.

The labour ward in my hospital needs 10 qualified midwives to function properly. Some shifts, it has 5 and the ward is full. That's dangerously low staffing levels.

The NHS is in crisis. The Tories have done nothing to help it and a great deal to harm the NHS that Labour founded.

Need I remind you that the tory party OPPOSED the NHS when Nye Bevan founded it, whereas the labour party see it as our greatest achievement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katty3
Which is why of the two hospitals in my area, one is probably going to lose it's A and E (meaning that some people will have nearly hour's journey to get there) and the other will lose a significant amount of elective surgeries.

When I last rang up my doctor to get an appointment, I was told that a doctor would ring me back with an appointment within the week. The appointment was then two weeks away. If you're waiting that long for an appointment, you're either better or pushing up daisies by the time you get it.

Not to mention the fact that a significant portion of my cohort are considering not going to university because we will literally be paying to work in the NHS.

The labour ward in my hospital needs 10 qualified midwives to function properly. Some shifts, it has 5 and the ward is full. That's dangerously low staffing levels.

The NHS is in crisis. The Tories have done nothing to help it and a great deal to harm the NHS that Labour founded.

Need I remind you that the tory party OPPOSED the NHS when Nye Bevan founded it, whereas the labour party see it as our greatest achievement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

last year 12% of the NHS budget was spent on sterilized trays. we just need someone who knows how to spend the money rather than more of it
nah white privilege does exist
just look at that stats mane
In america, 37% of people who are arrested for the abuse of drugs are black, when the reality is only 14% of the black population are drug users.
30% of america is black, yet 60% of the prison population is, hmmmm must not exist

black people commit more crime. so that's irrelevant
Reply 38
last year 12% of the NHS budget was spent on sterilized trays. we just need someone who knows how to spend the money rather than more of it

The NHS does need more money, it is in crisis.

If there was enough money, why would the things that I mentioned in my previous post be happening?

And source please. A reputable one. (The daily fail is not reputable)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
i don't understand why people would ever vote Labour or be a liberal. it just doesn't make any sense

Because we're smarter than you, basically. Why would you vote for conservative values? It's the same as voting to go back in time to the stone age. That means society can't progress.That means you're a caveman.

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending