Original post by Anon_98
Thank you again, lots! Sorry, Prsom. (':

You're welcome.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I agree, especially when you lay your work out ever so neatly and
the entire method etc is correct until you realise that your earlier apart
was supposed to be '+' or ' - '. :shot:

Guess that's one of the benefits of never having neat work. :lol:
When converting trig parametric equations to cartesian, would you get marks for comparing sides of a triangle instead of using the sin2x+cos2x=1 sin^2x + cos^2x=1 identity? Because the mark scheme I'm reading only uses the identity.
Original post by NotNotBatman
When converting trig parametric equations to cartesian, would you get marks for comparing sides of a triangle instead of using the sin2x+cos2x=1 sin^2x + cos^2x=1 identity? Because the mark scheme I'm reading only uses the identity.

Yeah, you would. That's perfectly fine.
I've done my first C4 paper and got 66/75; I should be getting into the 70's in no time considering my first c3 was quite a bit lower, but now I'm averaging 71/75. :smile:

And I still haven't looked at the binomial expansion chapter, just went off the formula (got it wrong though :P )
Original post by NotNotBatman
I've done my first C4 paper and got 66/75; I should be getting into the 70's in no time considering my first c3 was quite a bit lower, but now I'm averaging 71/75. :smile:

And I still haven't looked at the binomial expansion chapter, just went off the formula (got it wrong though :P )

Not bad at all, well done!
Original post by Zacken
Not bad at all, well done!

Thanks!
Reply 1248
Can anyone help me with the top question from the review exercise in the c4 book
Original post by boyyo
Can anyone help me with the top question from the review exercise in the c4 book

What have you tried? :smile:
Reply 1250
Original post by Zacken
What have you tried? :smile:

well i started with this and then I know that OP is 0A+ 0.25(AB),
but thats where Im confused because the ratio is AP=3BP and when I do a quater of AB i get fraction asnwers
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1251
I meant to add this picture
Original post by boyyo
well i started with this and then I know that OP is 0A+ 0.25(AB),
but thats where Im confused because the ratio is AP=3BP and when I do a quater of AB i get fraction asnwers

Call P (xi + yj + zk) then compute AP and 3BP then equate i,j and k components.
Reply 1253
Original post by Zacken
Call P (xi + yj + zk) then compute AP and 3BP then equate i,j and k components.

Ok, but does it matter how I draw the diagram, as the solution bank drew it differently to mine?
Original post by boyyo
Ok, but does it matter how I draw the diagram, as the solution bank drew it differently to mine?

At a glance, your diagram seems fine - although a bit weird because AP should be the smaller length, but that doesn't really matter.
Original post by boyyo

Original post by Zacken
At a glance, your diagram seems fine - although a bit weird because AP should be the smaller length, but that doesn't really matter.

The question says that P is on AB produced. This means that you have to extend the line AB beyond B and P is on the new bit of line.
Reply 1256
Im resitting C1 and C2, I'm hoping to get around 90% in them this year, C3 is ok, but I'm struggling with C4 vectors and D1 that we haven't finished yet.
Reply 1257
Original post by Zacken

Original post by tiny hobbit
The question says that P is on AB produced. This means that you have to extend the line AB beyond B and P is on the new bit of line.

Oh yh ok I see, thanks guys:smile:
hey does anyone have a link to any good vectors resources/difficult vector questions?
Original post by joodaa
hey does anyone have a link to any good vectors resources/difficult vector questions?

Phy&Math

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending